• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Aiura, Mushibugyō TV Anime (Updated)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Um... neat? Good news for the fans of these series.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
gald, to hear about this! hope they keep getting streaming.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I guess I could give the show about nothing a try, to see if it will go somewhere.
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I was... extremely confused when I saw Ryosuke Nakamura's name in the credits.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Seems like Aiura is only a 5-minuter, so not a total commitment to test it out.
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
OK, well I checked my list and apparently Mushibugyō is on it, so I guess it's one reason to renew my sub, but I think it'll take alot more for me to actually feel happy about renewing
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
OK, well I checked my list and apparently Mushibugyō is on it, so I guess it's one reason to renew my sub, but I think it'll take alot more for me to actually feel happy about renewing

At least two more announcements are due on Tuesday (apparently they are skipping Monday for obvious reasons), but the schedule after that is still to be determined.

Oddly, CR hasn't taken the time to update their lineup page. At the moment, it still has a blank block not only for today's announcement, but also the one on Friday.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

Oddly, CR hasn't taken the time to update their lineup page. At the moment, it still has a blank block not only for today's announcement, but also the one on Friday.

Crunchyroll must have just updated their lineup page because I see Valvrave, Mushi Bugyou and Aiura on it.

I also imagine that they are taking Monday off for two reasons: 1.) April Fools Day 2.) Some recovery time from Sakuracon.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
At least two more announcements are due on Tuesday (apparently they are skipping Monday for obvious reasons), ...

Yes, giving their people a rest after Sakuracon.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Aiura somewhat interests me, so I'll check it out when it comes to CrunchyRoll.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
Can't say many of these interest me but I'll give them a go.
With Fairy Tail and Gintama ending, I need some decent programs to capture my attention or I may just cancel my Crunchyroll subscription for the time being.
Not worth it just for Naruto Fillerpuden and Hunter x Hunter.
hpulley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
First, my Crunchyroll subscription is already paid for, next I would keep it for Chihayafuru 2 and Oreimo 2 at any rate and guys, guys, guys, I suspect they will have at least 20 shows by the time all the announcements are said and done. Yes, this is less than we've had lately but all the long running and two cour shows ending will likely reduce the numbers somewhat.

I love shorts and Aiura looks really cute! I know, we've seen those character designs before but still, I will be watching that for sure.

Mushibugyou, not sure. I am bit burned out on samurai period anime at the moment...

Valvrave could be good. I love mecha anime but not all have been good lately. Will have to see.
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
... I suspect they will have at least 20 shows by the time all the announcements are said and done. ...

I expect they'll have twenty-five to thirty. They'll likely be rolling the announcements out over the next week and a half, with the majority of the sublicenses coming toward the end of that period ...

... since they can't sign those contracts until the primary licensee signs its contract.

After a bad experience in guestimating which contracts they'll land, they seem to have waited until a contract is signed to put up a question mark box in the lineup. Over the past four seasons, the majority of new simulcast boxes have shown up after the first simulcast announcement is made.

While Daisuki says they aren't holding off licensing out series that they'll be streaming, the Japanese habit of talking things out that affect a joint venture could also mean some late licenses from the Daisuki partners.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
If CR just gets nearly every new anime as it is, why would anyone need Daisuki, let alone pay another subscription fee for it? They're gonna need exclusives, good ones, and not rely on DOKES and Gundam, one which everyone's already seen, and one no one will watch because it's older than dirt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1