• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host Blue Exorcist Film's U.S. Premiere, Designer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
Let's hope the film eventually gets dubbed like the TV series.

That's something that REALLY bugs me; when the TV show is dubbed, but the movie isn't.

It pissed me off with the Gurren Lagann films, it pissed me off with the Madoka movies. Let's hope AoA doesn't go three-for-three. Confused
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
Dear Aniplez/Viz/Bang Zoom/Whoever... please dub this!

Please and thank you!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote
Agree with both of you, I hope the movie gets dubbed and that both the series and movie finally makes it to BD with the dub (loved hearing the dub on NA, now I want to own it, arghh!).

SpacemanHardy wrote:
Let's hope the film eventually gets dubbed like the TV series.

That's something that REALLY bugs me; when the TV show is dubbed, but the movie isn't.

It pissed me off with the Gurren Lagann films, it pissed me off with the Madoka movies. Let's hope AoA doesn't go three-for-three. Confused

Completely agree with this. I never bought the Gurren Lagann movies because of this after the seeing the series in dub form even though I was looking forward to seeing them when I thought they'd get dubbed like the series, I won't be buying the Madoka ones unless they do either. Sad
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I doubt I'd be able to see it but I hope it gets released to dvd/blu-ray soon afterwards...and with a dub!
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quote
Pretty much agreeing with everyone else here, I hope Aniplex US don't go taking the biscuit and simply release an import BD.
This show would sell very well if released on BD with dub+sub, and same with the movie.

As for the Madoka movies, I'm pretty sure they will dub movie 3 when they release it.
Movie 1 and 2 are recaps so they might just pretend they don't exist and leave them with the import-only releases.

Gurren Lagann was handled by Bandai US until it left the industry, so the lack of dub for the movies was down to them not Aniplex US. They are simply re-releasing those DVDs under their own label.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Gurren Lagann was handled by Bandai US until it left the industry, so the lack of dub for the movies was down to them not Aniplex US. They are simply re-releasing those DVDs under their own label.

Not true. Only the series was originally licensed by Bandai. The two films were always licensed by Aniplex of America. The decision not to dub them was entirely theirs.
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
finally something worth going to. hope Anime-Expo gets more announcements soon
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1