• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire TV Anime Diabolik Lovers' 1st Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote
2013 is turning into The Year of the Fujoshi. Eh, it's a nice counter-balance to the 5,000,000,007 boob-focused anime that come out each year, so whatever.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
2013 is turning into The Year of the Fujoshi. Eh, it's a nice counter-balance to the 5,000,000,007 boob-focused anime that come out each year, so whatever.

No it's not.
fencer_x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
If you think fujoshi enjoy 38438435 reverse-harem series, you don't know who fujoshi are.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

First off, girls who enjoy reverse harem anime are not fujoshi. Fujoshi are girls who enjoy BL(Boy's Love). People who enjoy reverse harem like myself are just female otaku. Not fujoshi. We only like hot boys and we like BoyxGirl. We don't like boys doing xxx to each other.

Secondly, even with this many anime for female fans, the number of anime for male otaku is still higher. Quite higher.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
Just looks like your typical otoge.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote
Look great, but whether or not this will turn into second Amnesia/ Arcana Famiglia, that, we will have to wait and see
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
Ginsan wrote:
Look great, but whether or not this will turn into second Amnesia/ Arcana Famiglia, that, we will have to wait and see

My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna check out the staff for this anime...see their works.
lijachan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:36 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

First off, girls who enjoy reverse harem anime are not fujoshi. Fujoshi are girls who enjoy BL(Boy's Love). People who enjoy reverse harem like myself are just female otaku. Not fujoshi. We only like hot boys and we like BoyxGirl. We don't like boys doing xxx to each other.

Secondly, even with this many anime for female fans, the number of anime for male otaku is still higher. Quite higher.
Glad someone finally cleared that up.

And about the show......I hope they don't ruin this too... _(:3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Typical otoge as in boys you saw in AMNESIA, Arcana or Hiiro no Kakera? Naw, these boys are sadists. So, no, it's not exactly your typical otoge anime lol.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Typical otoge as in boys you saw in AMNESIA, Arcana or Hiiro no Kakera? Naw, these boys are sadists. So, no, it's not exactly your typical otoge anime lol.

It's a typical Rejet Otoge maybe~ but then again nothing says Typical otoge quite like emotional trauma and suffering. _(:3」∠)_
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:09 am Reply with quote
Hope this will actually have a decent plot. Honestly though, my hopes aren't high for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Hope this will actually have a decent plot. Honestly though, my hopes aren't high for it.

The otoge's do have a decent plot. It's the anime staff who butcher the plot in the anime. Confused
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:22 am Reply with quote
I think people should research about the source material first before they decide to watch the show..these vampires are SADISTS they are from your prince on a white horse, so of there actions might disturb some people...
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:31 am Reply with quote
Sakura-Alchemist wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

It's a typical Rejet Otoge maybe~ but then again nothing says Typical otoge quite like emotional trauma and suffering. _(:3」∠)_

First off- Might I just say I love you for having an Under the Moon icon? I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows about this otoge!

Annnnnyway, I am not a fan of Otomate, really, or of most otome games. Mostly because they pander to one gender in the cheapest ways possible. This time? Sadism.

Yes, there is a big gap between anime aimed at guys and anime aimed at girls, and while I agree that the aimed-at-guy gap would be better off getting trimmed a little, I do NOT agree that we should replace this with "female-aimed" anime. I agree that anime like Senran Kagura and Queen's Blade would be better off being replaced with other anime, but those other anime should be things that appeal to a larger audience, like things from Shonen Sunday or Zero Sum (SOMETIMES).

The fact is, especially in the Japanese industry, anime's biggest market is with guys, which is why you will not see a "majority" of anime in a year to be aimed towards girls. There might have been quite a few girl-oriented anime in the early 2000's, but due to the lack of popularity during that boom, it subsided.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:04 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

There might have been quite a few girl-oriented anime in the early 2000's, but due to the lack of popularity during that boom, it subsided.

Shoujo anime=loss.This is clear. But still, the main reason why the fujoshi anime earlier were lacking popularity is because they did not follow the source material and was butchered. A recent example of this:
Magi vs. Kuroko no Basuke.
Both popular with fujoshi and female otaku, both animated. One sold 25k per volume while the other is barely managing 4k per volume now. Why? Because Magi's animation was awful and they butchered the story so much.
Many adaptations earlier like Amatsuki, 07 Ghost, Hatenki Yuugi(sp)'s adaptations were not faithful to the source material and fans were not pleased.
Just wanted to say that that's the main reason fujoshi anime don't sell well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2