• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fantasista Doll Anime's 2nd Promo, Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jymmy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:41 am Reply with quote
I like the OP. Got some wicked guitar work and a catchy chorus. I want to hear a version by Masaaki Endoh and/or Norio Wakamoto.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
The animation is very good indeed, loved the opening theme, the characters' appearances are loveable, I'll add to my summer anime watchlist.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
I swear, this could be a viable franchise aimed for young girls. I wonder if they'll make a real TCG out of this.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote
This is highly relevant to my interests.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
Now all we need is for an American company to get dollar signs in their eyes and snatch it up and try for a merch bonanza (likely candidates being Nelvana, FUNimation, and Saban Brands). Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
So Angelic Layer by way of Code Geass.

This has the potential to become amazing in so many ways.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
This looks REALLY good. I will definitely be watching this when it starts to air. Cool

MadMan400096 wrote:
Now all we need is for an American company to get dollar signs in their eyes and snatch it up and try for a merch bonanza (likely candidates being Nelvana, FUNimation, and Saban Brands). Razz

I really hope you are joking/trolling with this comment (especially with regards to the first and third company in that list).

Ultimately, if this does get licensed (no guarantees and a little early to be thinking about it), I hope that NISA is the one to do it so we can get a nice, high-end release with extras (doll cards maybe?) as opposed to just the standard "plastic DVD case and that's it" style of release.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
I really hope you are joking/trolling with this comment (especially with regards to the first and third company in that list).

Ultimately, if this does get licensed (no guarantees and a little early to be thinking about it), I hope that NISA is the one to do it so we can get a nice, high-end release with extras (doll cards maybe?) as opposed to just the standard "plastic DVD case and that's it" style of release.

No, I'm serious. I'm not saying I inherently want anyone to license it (though if I had to chose between the three, I'd go for FUNi), but it does look like the kind of show that American companies would love to exploit for merchandise.

Also, I don't really know if I want NISA near it. Its releases are expensive as crap, and don't include dubs (I'm a dub guy, sue me).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
How cuuuute! I didn't realize this was a late-night show though; I figured it was a sort of girls'-answer-to-Yu-Gi-Oh! deal. Still, cute cute cute!!
nightjuan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Obvious fanservice aside, which wasn't unexpected, the trailer seems fairly decent enough to be worth giving a try. This isn't usually my type of show, on paper, but I guess if I could watch Nanoha back in the day then this shouldn't be too much of a leap from that, despite actually being about magical dolls fighting rather than magical girls fighting. And I suppose I might as well as check up on whatever Goro Taniguchi does next too, even though he's not really directing here. I'll give it the standard test.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
No, I'm serious. I'm not saying I inherently want anyone to license it (though if I had to chose between the three, I'd go for FUNi), but it does look like the kind of show that American companies would love to exploit for merchandise.

Let's hope that doesn't come to past. The last thing we need is a company that knows nothing about Anime to come in and pull a Nelvana/Cardcaptors with regards to this series.

Quote:
Also, I don't really know if I want NISA near it. Its releases are expensive as crap, and don't include dubs (I'm a dub guy, sue me).

You consider this,this,and this to be "expensive"?! Rolling Eyes

With regards to NISA releases not having dubs, I watch things subbed exclusively and am against the concept of dubs, so It doesn't really ruffle my feathers that NISA is not interested in dubbing the shows that they release (to be honest, I actually support that (lowers their localization costs and the amount of revenue needed for them to make money on series)). Ultimately, like I was implying in my previous post (even though it's a little premature) , it would be nice for NISA to license this show because, in my opinion, it is a work that, based on its premise/story, would benefit from a nice collector's edition release with physical extras.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:

Oh. Guess I mistook them for Aniplex. Embarassed Still, a lot of their imported sets hit those high prices, so I'm still sort of right.
traveling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
[quote="MadMan400096"]
Shiratori1 wrote:

Oh. Guess I mistook them for Aniplex. Embarassed Still, a lot of their imported sets hit those high prices, so I'm still sort of right.[/quot e]

No, you are completely wrong. When has NISA imported releases?
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote
[quote="traveling"]
MadMan400096 wrote:
Shiratori1 wrote:

Oh. Guess I mistook them for Aniplex. Embarassed Still, a lot of their imported sets hit those high prices, so I'm still sort of right.[/quot e]

No, you are completely wrong. When has NISA imported releases?

...Okay then. Please forget everything I said while I go in the corner and drill my head.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1