• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NISA Adds Hanasaku Iroha Film, Genshiken 2nd Season Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
They also mentioned at the panel that they are currently looking into dubbing, but stated that it wouldn't be anytime soon and gave no indication of which title to start with.

That having been said, however, it would make sense to dub the new Genshiken seeing as the first two seasons were dubbed already. And I'm sure the NY actors would be more than happy to reprise their roles if given the chance.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Squid Girl, xxxHOLiC, Genshiken OAV, episode director on first Genshiken) is serving as both director and sound director at Production I.G for the new anime.

Don't know why I hadn't seen that before, but good. I've come to like his directorial style regardless of the script.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for release of the Hanasaku Iroha film BD release.. I just wonder when though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
This video sums up my reaction to NISA getting Genshiken Season 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qCmMbohXn6o#t=3s
GordanHam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Don't know how I feel. I really wanted Genshiken to get licensed fast, but I never doubted it would get licensed. I hope it does get a dubbed since I was seriously expecting Sentai to get it and do that, even if it took a while to liscense.

Hope it gets streamed too.....
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:
Don't know how I feel. I really wanted Genshiken to get licensed fast, but I never doubted it would get licensed. I hope it does get a dubbed since I was seriously expecting Sentai to get it and do that, even if it took a while to liscense.

NISA isn't going to dub it. Streaming...... I'm not too sure on that one. Crunchyroll would be the place it would go if it does indeed get streamed.
Davidnes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
GordanHam wrote:

NISA isn't going to dub it. Streaming...... I'm not too sure on that one. Crunchyroll would be the place it would go if it does indeed get streamed.
And how do you know it's not getting dubbed? NISA said themselves they're planning on doing dubs in the future.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think if NISA does indeed intend to start dubbing, Genshiken would be a great place to start.

A lot of fans would be more than a little ticked off to have the first two seasons dubbed but not the third.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I really hope that NISA license rescues the previous anime since it seems that Media Blasters rights to that expired.

It would be cool if Toradora and Kimi ni Todoke got dubbed and they also got Neptunia and kept the Video game VAs.
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And how do you know it's not getting dubbed? NISA said themselves they're planning on doing dubs in the future.

Has NISA dubbed any of their current releases? No. So why would you assume they would dub it? NISA said that they are LOOKING into dubbing in the future, not once mentioning a confirmation that they will be dubbing their properties. And for that matter, they themselves said it WOULDN'T be anytime soon.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
Quote:

Has NISA dubbed any of their current releases? No. So why would you assume they would dub it? NISA said that they are LOOKING into dubbing in the future, not once mentioning a confirmation that they will be dubbing their properties. And for that matter, they themselves said it WOULDN'T be anytime soon.

Right. Not anytime "soon". But did they specifically say that Genshiken's physical release would be coming out "soon"?

No. They didn't. Seeing as the show just started in Japan, it's going to be AT LEAST a year before they can get the physical products ready. Which gives them PERFECT timing to get a dub ready.

Your thinking.... It's too short-term, dood. Rolling Eyes
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Right. Not anytime "soon". But did they specifically say that Genshiken's physical release would be coming out "soon"?

No. They didn't. Seeing as the show just started in Japan, it's going to be AT LEAST a year before they can get the physical products ready. Which gives them PERFECT timing to get a dub ready.

Your thinking.... It's too short-term, dood. Rolling Eyes

Hey, if you want to believe they'll dub it, more power to you. I'm sticking to their current release patterns. If they do end up dubbing it, okay. Nothing lost, nothing gained for me.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy that NISA is going to be the company that releases Genshiken. It's is one of my all-time favorites and to know that it will come in a beautiful case with a hard-bound book truly adds joy to my life.

I'm really hoping CR will be able to simulcast it in the meantime.

I am happy about Hanasaku too.
Altacia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...

I really like NISA, Love their releases. However, I find myself a little disappointed that there probably won't be a Dub of Genshiken.

Never thought I'd say that. haha

I'm sure it will be a nice release even without the Dub.
CountZeroOR
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
GordanHam wrote:

True. However, NISA's licenses have also shown up on Hulu as well, so that's also a possibility. That said, Crunchyroll would probably be better for users outside of the US.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2