• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to Take 5-Week Break Before Finale

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, looks like he wants to end the manga with a bang. Well, give it all you got. You got a lot of explaining to do in these last few chapters.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
Huh. I wonder if he plans on doing higher pages counts for a while or he just wants to plan out the upcoming fights better? Hmm...
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:05 am Reply with quote
It doesn't make sense. According to Kubo this arc is supposed to last longer than the entire Arrancar arc. And yet he's already up to the final battle. So was he just lying at the time or has his editor since given him the hurry-up due to declining sales?
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
Here's the thing... Kubo never said how long his finale will run.
The final battle with Aizen, depending on whether you want to count the top three Espadas, was pretty long.
He's got at least 26 Quincy commanders to run through, not to mention explaining Ishida and the big bad's fight, and Kenpachi can fit so many on his sword like a shish kabob.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
It doesn't make sense. According to Kubo this arc is supposed to last longer than the entire Arrancar arc. And yet he's already up to the final battle. So was he just lying at the time or has his editor since given him the hurry-up due to declining sales?

you need to read the article. he never said how long is the final battle. This is going to take atleast couple yeas. He is taking a break to plan the final arc.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Wow that was alot sooner than I expected, guess I'llbe able to marathon the final arc of this series soon.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
This thing need to end as soon as possible. So I am hoping the "this ca take a couple years" is totally wrong. Lets have Kubo end it this year or early next one.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:32 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, I bet it'll be something huge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
If I recall correctly, Kubo said in an interview a long time ago that he planned for two more arcs: a short one and a long one. The short one was the Fullbringer arc which lasted a year, so everyone especulated the Blood War arc to be the long one and predicted 3-5 years; thus why this announcement surprises me, given how it's been less than 2 years since he started this arc.

I kind of saw a final battle coming, though, since most loose ends are coming to a close rather quickly, but I'm generally liking the direction it's going. I hope this final battle doesn't go as fast as the first confrontation with the Vandenreich did, and in general, just hope the characters get the treatment, shining and closure they deserve. I'll give it a year and a half after the hiatus

Anyone who reads Naruto wants to take a bet on which one ends first? I don't really keep up with it, but from what I hear about the recent events, it seems it's heading to an end pretty soon too.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Thank GOD.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
Well, looks like he wants to end the manga with a bang. Well, give it all you got. You got a lot of explaining to do in these last few chapters.

Given the history of the series, this "last battle" could be a HUGE number of chapters. I'm expecting this to last well into the beginning of next year and then some. IF it's any less than that, I will be very surprised.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
I dunno, you guys are probably right.

It's just that when I hear "final battle" I take that to mean the actual final battle.

I don't take it to mean ten separate-but-simultaneous battles against named but weak-as mooks and then a mini-boss battle and then five more mooks and then the battle against the second-in-command and then the battle against the second-in-command's hidden transformation and then the final boss battle and then the final final battle which consists of an initial fight and then a small break while our hero trains against his hollow in a separate timestream for months and then *catches breath* the true final battle part two and then the boss behind the final boss will reveal himself (but we all know it will be Aizen saying "keikaku doori", LOL) and Ichigo will arse-pull another power as we find out he's actually part-werewolf and then Aizen is seemingly defeated and it turns out Aizen is Ichigo sent back from the future to train his younger self *catches breath* and then six transformations and two years of Manga later Aizen is finally defeated but Ichigo must defeat the real opponent whom we've never heard about before (the guy whom Aizen warned Ichigo about) and once Ichigo has gotten his seventeenth wind he'll consign this new dude to a purgatory existence from which he'll escape in at least two different movies Ichigo will spar against Ishida to see who is the strongest once and for all, and then everyone has to win the most final battle of all; love.

*catches breath*

Sound about right, or did you want the full version?
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
Blatant assumption on the populace's part: the article says how long this "final battle" (very unlikely that it will consist of JUST a battle) is going to be.

This is YOUR work, Kubo-sensei, not the fans', so end it how YOU feel YOU need to.

When it gets right down to it, all this article says is that he's going on hiatus for five weeks.

Last edited by Tenbyakugon on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
I think rather than final battle, Kubo is talking about the final confrontation/war between Quincy and Shinigami. It's shonen formula 101, I don't know why anyone's surprised by it

1. New foes appear, they're superduperpowerful with extra cheese and they crush MC-tachi into the ground, then misteriously leave to make drama
2. MC-tachi train and become stronger while Evil-people make evil-plans
3. Final battle, everyone goes against one enemy, takes 200 chapters, and MC with his new training, proves that Evil-enemy was actually a fruitcake, kicks his ass and is hero.

Since Ichigo spoiler[just completed step 2 by revealing the truth about his Quincy-self and his fake Zanpakuto -beautiful chapters, if you ask me-, and evil-people have done the same by adding Ishida to their ranks because who knows], it's obvious the "final battle" is the above mentioned step 3 that will, as I said, take 200 chapters. See you in two years
IchigoKurosakiHollowfi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:01 am Reply with quote
saw this on mangastream first, real sad imo. knew the end was coming, but this is like getting slapped in the face with it. i'm going to be so depressed while its on break ofc, but if its for the manga, so it can go out with a big bang, im cool with it.
i just hope the ending isnt rushed and stupid. :\
this will be good
we hope

Show us a awesome ending, Mr kubo! ;3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4