• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
E-Manga Loans

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I had an idea I wanted to discuss with the ANN staff if it was all right. If this idea is completely disallowed, please just let me know. Those of us who use e-readers know that books can be shared once or twice by using certain commands on the e-reader's control panel. I used to be a member of a forum website where people would request digital loans, and they would be granted by another member of the forum.

Unfortunately the majority of readers there simply wanted to read Harlequin-style romance novels so I eventually left. I wanted to try to loan manga out to people, but no one was interested. I figured that the 'marketplace' for these loans would be great on the ANN forum, and so I wanted to ask if anyone else would be interested in starting up a thread to trade lend-me Barnes and Noble Nook loans via the private messaging system. I presume that the Amazon Kindle uses a similar loan out protocol.

I was under the impression that doing so might even help get some of this manga to be enjoyed by a new market. If people like what they saw, they can of course later purchase things. I was inspired by the other legal online manga links around here.

Does anyone else thing this is a good idea? Thank you!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Super interesting idea, but I suspect it will interest all of 5 people.

If I can get positive feedback from enough people, I'd be happy to implement it.

Chris
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I was afraid that you would say that, but I thought it would at least be a good idea to mention it. Considering that loaning manga on a site dedicated to loaning out books on the Barnes and Noble Nook platform didn't work out well at all, I can't imagine it would be any more popular here. Nevertheless, for what it's worth I'm one of the five people who are interested so to speak and I do have a number of volumes that I would be willing to loan out to anyone who takes an interest in the idea.

I like the fact that this is an opportunity to legally share manga with friends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1