• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - September 2nd - September 8th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow, we get Bleach first! It may be only a mere day, but this undeniably huge as far as TV airings go.

I might want to inform that Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha have suddenly moved into reruns (FMA zipped back to episode 1 and Inuyasha went back into the early 100's or something yesterday). It seems rather ironic that a new Naruto episode did play last week!

Anyway, I want to thank The Click because I had no clue that Bleach and Eureka 7 were playing next week! Smile
arxane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Most likely the Shinigami will be called Soul Reapers, since that's the name they used in the Adult Swim commercial. Of course, that's perfectly all right with me, since Soul Reaper seems to fit more than Shinigami, a name I associate more with the monsters in "Death Note".
DaveJS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote
In Shonen Jump USA, which is printed and run by Viz (who is dubbing the anime) they mention the dub titles for episodes 1 -4.

1.) A Shinigami is Born!
2.) Pay or Play
3.) Sibling Rivalry
4.) And Your Bird Can Speak

Now, they don't actually specify that these are the dub titles, but these are the ones they have listed.
shadow_Hiei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Digimon on Toon Disney?!

*puts Toon Disney on favorites list*
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:29 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
I might want to inform that Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha have suddenly moved into reruns (FMA zipped back to episode 1 and Inuyasha went back into the early 100's or something yesterday). It seems rather ironic that a new Naruto episode did play last week!

IY and FMA are being pushed back because there was a movie on last week. Most fans aren't dedicated enough to bother staying up till 1/2/3 AM (depending on your timezone) just to see a new episode. New episodes will continue as usual next week.

Wow, this week we have more premiers than our southern...allies by nesecity*. Go Canada. I never thought I'd see the day when...
Well, we'll enjoy our anime double for you guys.

Random thing: Yesterday I saw an [as] ad for Trinity Blood on youtube. Just like basilisk, it too was TV-MA with a waning of violence. This made me chuckle a bit because 1) I thought if any of FUNi's BBBB lable titles got a TV-14 it would be this. I mean even ANN rated it teenagers and 2) it's only TV-PG up here.

*I mean no offence to any americans reading this, but as someone who despises the american governmental system so much, I hesitate to call [no so much the people as] the country itself a friend.

Edit: Upon a recheck I noticed that both countries have 11 premiers this week. And while I dont feel as special now, I'm amazed that we came that close.
jgreen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
DaveJS wrote:
In Shonen Jump USA, which is printed and run by Viz (who is dubbing the anime) they mention the dub titles for episodes 1 -4.

1.) A Shinigami is Born!
2.) Pay or Play
3.) Sibling Rivalry
4.) And Your Bird Can Speak

Now, they don't actually specify that these are the dub titles, but these are the ones they have listed.

In the dub for Full Moon that Viz recently put out, they alternate between calling them Shinigami and "death spirits", so I imagine they'll probably do something like that.

Also, how is Mirage of Blaze, the show Encore Action is showing this week?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Break

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
shadow_Hiei wrote:
Digimon on Toon Disney?!

*puts Toon Disney on favorites list*

Umm its been on Toon Disney for a while
hamtaroboy2006

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to watch the new season of Pokemon, and also the Pokemon Mystery Dungeion special. I'm looking forward to that game a lot. By the way, does anyone know when Bleach is airing on Adult Swim in America?
scortia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:

Also, how is Mirage of Blaze, the show Encore Action is showing this week?

It's a mediocre hisorical fantasy of sorts with shounen ai innuendo. I personally don't recommend it, though some people like it well enough.

Some of the anime Encore Action plays just confuses me...especially since they originally replaced Street Fighter with Mirage of Blaze...did they think the guys who had sat there to watch Street Fighter wouldn't notice the guys in Mirage of Blaze getting clingy to each other?... oh wait, *remembers the campy ending credits to Street Fighter*... nevermind. Razz
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:50 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
In the dub for Full Moon that Viz recently put out, they alternate between calling them Shinigami and "death spirits", so I imagine they'll probably do something like that.

I hypothesize that it's only to vary the speech. At least, that's what I try to do as a writer.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:09 am Reply with quote
Scortia: LOL, I have to agree with you I was rather surprised when they actually showed the very yaoi OVAs. The Streetfighter movie had even more male-male suspicious moments especially in the Japanese version.

Eureka 7 has actually been good for the past few episodes I've watched so I think I'll watch some more.

As for Bleach, I wore myself out with Shounen stuff as a kid and have moved on to Drama/Romance but Bleach just looks so good I think it won't hurt to give it a try. At the same time I am totally going to avoid that vampire show coming to Adult Swim, looks like a goth or emo teenager's dream come true.

So does the schedule shown mean no new Oban Star Racer episodes for a while? And what about Shin-Chan I barely got inot the show Thursday and I fell in love with it, is there going to be anymore?
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:

So does the schedule shown mean no new Oban Star Racer episodes for a while? And what about Shin-Chan I barely got inot the show Thursday and I fell in love with it, is there going to be anymore?

Dunno about Oban, but if you want more Shin Chan, go RIGHT NOW to adult swim's message boards and make some noise about the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote
hamtaroboy2006 wrote:
I can't wait to watch the new season of Pokemon, and also the Pokemon Mystery Dungeion special. I'm looking forward to that game a lot. By the way, does anyone know when Bleach is airing on Adult Swim in America?

I stopped regularly watching Pokémon a long time ago, but if this new season has new voices, I'd like to check them out (again). Anyway, I want to see the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon special, too, since I've been reading the manga in Nintendo Power and it has gotten me much more interested in the game! ^^

As for Bleach, that will begin airing Saturday night, September 9, at 12:30 AM. In actuality, that's Sunday morning, but you get it.
Stormrider
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Why isn't Peacemaker listed as a premiere anymore? Weeks ago the new episodes on Fridays were listed as premieres, yet at some point it started popping up in the re-runs despite it being a new episode.
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
At the same time I am totally going to avoid that vampire show coming to Adult Swim, looks like a goth or emo teenager's dream come true.
Way to keep an open mind, buddy. I mean, who doesn't judge what a show is like based on a 30 second clip. At least give it a chance. We get it up here and, while it's a little unorigional (think Trigun + Hellsing), it's defenatly enjoyable at times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2