• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex of America [2013-08-10]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatslars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Did I read this right?

"Rivera then showed a trailer for Blast of Tempest, and the first season of that series is now available on DVD. The show's second season will premiere in January in Japan. "

Blast of Tempest is getting a 2nd season in Jan. 2014 in Japan?!
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
They're referring to the DVD release of 13-24 episodes.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
It was mentioned in the Q&A that Carnival Phantasm might be unlicense-able because parts are licensed by different companies. Wonder if that's why it hasn't been streamed?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Beatslars wrote:

Blast of Tempest is getting a 2nd season in Jan. 2014 in Japan?!

Ignatz wrote:
They're referring to the DVD release of 13-24 episodes.

Sorry about that. Ignatz is right, I just read the Powerpoint slide incorrectly from Aniplex of America's presentation. I fixed that in the writeup. Thanks for pointing that out.
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed now because I was thinking that Blast of Tempest was going to get that second season in 2014, though I guess that won't really be an issue at this point now that I look at it.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:50 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
It was mentioned in the Q&A that Carnival Phantasm might be unlicense-able because parts are licensed by different companies. Wonder if that's why it hasn't been streamed?

Ah dammit. At least that explains why we never heard anything about a possible license for Carnival Phantasm anymore. I didn't know that Aniplex was the company that was trying to license it though.
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
Considering the license rescues that I was just reading about with Funimation when it came to series like Outlaw Star one could hope that a series like that one would come around. I've never seen it, though I wanted to.
Mirri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Ah dammit. At least that explains why we never heard anything about a possible license for Carnival Phantasm anymore. I didn't know that Aniplex was the company that was trying to license it though.

Dunno if anyone actually asked or it was just said, but some friends and I have had a little clique-y campaign to write "Carnival Phantasm" on all of our feedback postcards 'cause AoA's staff are well-acquainted with BV/BV USA's (for the latter, ex) staff.

All together we've probably 30 postcards with it written, maybe that made it worth responding to publicly - a man can dream.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
They always say that writing people directly is effective because people can't merely dismiss it. Usually I'm a fan of electronic communication with everyone, but if it gets Carnival Phantasm out there I'm not going to complain at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1