• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Website

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Dang...

No trailer?

Is there anything else on the site besides the main page?

I mean... I can't read anything.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote
OMFG! It's a thing of beauty. This series is a series that I plan on downloading fansubs for, buying R2 releases, and even buying R1 releases when they come out with them. I'm pissed that I haven't been able to buy the movie yet.

Anyway, about the anime. Judging from the site, Light will look sexy like he does in the manga (I might've gone gay for him if he was a real person), and L is going to have those sexy, sleep-deprived eyes. I wonder how many episodes they'll make the series. They shouldn't make it too long. I mean, how many episodes can you have of L and Light just sitting there thinking? I was thinking along the lines of a 26 episode series, but I've heard of 52 episodes because it's 12 volumes long. Either way, each one of those episodes will be seen on my DVD player. I can't wait!!!!
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I want a damn trailer...-_-;; Or screens at least. Buso renkin has a trailer...
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I actually haven't read the manga... what caught my interest mainly is the fact that Madhouse is handling production (okay, I vaguely heard of the story, and it sounded totally interesting, but Madhouse is a really big factor in my interest here)

I wonder if they'll give this the same treatment they gave Urasawa's stuff?

I mean, the character designs are pretty hawt, but let's hope that Madhouse's "A team" actually does the animation...

Also... pacing... whoever's directing better think of a good way to do this properly since I hear this is a pretty talk-heavy work...

Yeah... can't wait to see this (in like... 3 years, hahaha)

Who IS directing anyway?

I have a feeling it might not be a regular... hey, let's take a guess!

Mamoru Kanbe... he did a lot of stuff for Madhouse (mostly episode director stuff)...

Yeah, I'll say that... but I'm probably wrong (since he seems to be an ARMS regular now).

Yeah, if anyone can read the dang production credits, tell us!

Last edited by DKL on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Where's the trailer. We need a trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quote
For some reason, that tacky image of the cross in the background reminds me too much of Masters of the Universe... Rolling Eyes
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm pissed they don't have a trailer. In the meantime, why don't I satisfy your hunger with a trailer for the second Death Note movie? I'm pissed that the first movie isn't out for sale yet. Anyway, I AM PSYCHED about this. So psyched, that I just picked up my 1st volume of my Death Note collection. I'm gonna re-read all the volumes I have now. I can't get enough DN right now. It's so hard to stay away from scanlations, and this makes it even harder. Good thing I have discipline and determination. Very Happy
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote
my question is how do you handle an adaption like this. i mean most of it is psychological warfare. i think they can finish this whole thing in 26 episodes as most of the plots are just dragged out.

Last edited by v1cious on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote
Woo-hoo, I've been waiting for this! I looked at the Seiyuu list and I'm glad that Yamaguuchi Kappei will be voicing my favorite character L Very Happy I was kinda hoping that Kusao Takeshi will voice Light since he has such an awesome voice as an evil teenage character, judging by his roles as Krad and Bankotsu, but I think I should hear the seiyuu that they chose to play as Light before expressing my disappointment.

As much as I'm excited I don't think I'll be watching this one until I finish the manga first Sad
DKL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:57 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
my question is how do you handle an adaption like this. i mean most of it is psychological warfare. i think finish this whole thing in 26 as most of the plots are just dragged out.

Which is sort of why I'm wondering who's directing...

Well, Madhouse was able to pull this kind of thing off with Masayuki Kojima in Monster (Which was something like, to the very least, an accumulated 15-20 hours of dialogue-driven action *or something*), so there's a good chance that this might work too (well, my perception might be different from everyone else's given that I've never read the manga and am only vaguely aware of what it's about... oh, and don't tell me, given that I'm going to see this for sure... the less I know, the better).

But... we really need to know who's at the helm of the thing (it could be anyone... like... well... a non-madhouse regular).
mufurc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:18 am Reply with quote
Miyano Mamoru is going to voice Light. Miyano "Tamaki of Ouran Host Club" Mamoru.

Dang, I thought I would be able to take this anime seriously... Very Happy I love Miyano's voice to death and he's undoubtedly very talented, but I have a feeling that whenever I look at Light I'll see Tamaki, the same way I can't sit through an episode of Wolf's Rain anymore without snickering at Kiba. xD I hoped Shiozawa Kaneto would be the only one whose every role had been "ruined" for me by one character he played (Oberstein.). Very Happy
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:49 am Reply with quote
I am so excited about Death Note, I haven't read the manga but everyone is saying how well done it is. So I have some high hopes for the anime, specifically with madhouse doing the work considering I love the job they did on Monster.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote
Yes, kind of disappointing that they don't have a trailer, but maybe they might try to add a second season.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:35 am Reply with quote
death note doesn't have second season.the anime will follow manga from start to finish with maybe few changes.
i don't think it needs a trailer because most japanese already know about Death Note in Japan(movie, manga). We are not important.(you know why)
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:43 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
death note doesn't have second season.the anime will follow manga from start to finish with maybe few changes.
i don't think it needs a trailer because most japanese already know about Death Note in Japan(movie, manga). We are not important.(you know why)

That means I see quite a few plots being left out if they're going to finish the entire manga in 26 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3