• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon the Series: XY Anime Previewed in Latest Promo Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
This looks good.
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote
...ash/satoshi looks a bit taller in X/Y.
If he doesn't lose his skill from his hat change again I might try to catch this...then fall asleep.
R. Glover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:30 am Reply with quote
Like I said: STILL ain't watchin' CN. If you read my comment under "Cartoon Network to Run Pokémon the Movie: Genesect, XY Sneak Peek," you'll understand what I mean.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:19 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does Ash look a LOT older in XY?
R.G.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
Yawn.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote
Wait, it premieres in Japan on the 17th and CN is playing two episodes on the 19th? They really are pushing this worldwide release thing, aren't they? Will CN's episodes be dubbed(dumb question!)? Does this mean the second episode of XY will premiere in America before Japan?
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Wait, it premieres in Japan on the 17th and CN is playing two episodes on the 19th? They really are pushing this worldwide release thing, aren't they? Will CN's episodes be dubbed(dumb question!)? Does this mean the second episode of XY will premiere in America before Japan?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-09/cartoon-network-to-run-pokemon-the-movie/genesect-xy-anime-sneak-peek

Announced two days ago. Yes, the US is getting the second episode first and they will be dubbed. However, since the US still has 13 episodes to go, Pokemon XY won't be properly airing on Cartoon Network for a while.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
...ash/satoshi looks a bit taller in X/Y.
If he doesn't lose his skill from his hat change again I might try to catch this...then fall asleep.

what i really hope is that they change his age at least. the whole 10 years old gag is getting old. eventually people WILL compare some parts of the anime series to the simpsons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
If the new Japanese anime promotion poster in CoroCoro is any news, the new travel companions might end up being spoiler[the female protagonist] and spoiler[the gym leader with the mechanical thingies.]
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
If the new Japanese anime promotion poster in CoroCoro is any news, the new travel companions might end up being spoiler[the female protagonist] and spoiler[the gym leader with the mechanical thingies.]

well it will definitely make things interesting. cause if i recall a lot of people wasnt too happy they snubed both Touko and Mei in the anime series , and there haven't been a female protaginist from the game since Haruka & Hikari.

Though if i am not mistaken the female protaginist in the game is called Serena if i am not mistaken. does it mean there will be two in the game? cause from the news i saw on Coro Coro its looks like it. Its as i said, it would definitely make things interesting for Satoshi if for this season his new companions are only females.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Is it just me, or does Ash look a LOT older in XY?

Either it's his pant that make him look thinner or his hair looks like it's grown slightly on the side in front of ears (that's what I'm guessing anyway).
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

well it will definitely make things interesting. cause if i recall a lot of people wasnt too happy they snubed both Touko and Mei in the anime series , and there haven't been a female protaginist from the game since Haruka & Hikari.

Though if i am not mistaken the female protaginist in the game is called Serena if i am not mistaken. does it mean there will be two in the game? cause from the news i saw on Coro Coro its looks like it. Its as i said, it would definitely make things interesting for Satoshi if for this season his new companions are only females.

Actually, the protagonists of X and Y are customizable. You start out choosing their hair color and skin color, but during the game, apparently, you can get your hair styled and your clothing changed.
Aside from that, I don't know what you mean. "Serena" is her default name and she's the only possible female player character in the games.

And Serebii confirmed, it's Serena, Citron/Clemont, and his little sister.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
And Serebii confirmed, it's Serena, Citron/Clemont, and his little sister.

Is this for the the anime?
I checked Serebii's website and I haven't seen any new information about Ash's (Satoshi's) new traveling partners posted up there yet...
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Not 100% confirmed, but the scans shows the characters in question but its very blurry and hard to see the characters and the information. Check the very last scan on the site that says "Pokémon XY Anime" there.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how the anime is gonna handle the huge changes in the type chart.

spoiler["Oh, yea, uuuuh, it seems Steel doesn't resist Ghost and Dark. It's a phenomena as to why mons like Metagross and Bronzong seemed relatively unaffected by Ghost attacks since they're actually SUPER EFFECTIVE!"]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2