• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Extra Edition Character Designs Previewed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
It looks more like Shinon in the second image, but maybe it's just the character designer's same-face syndrome
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:04 am Reply with quote
Wooga wrote:
It looks more like Shinon in the second image, but maybe it's just the character designer's same-face syndrome

I guess Shinon could be that "certain someone." It is possible they wouldn't recognize each other's avatars in different games. Shinon doesn't have blue hair irl though (it's black) and that pic looks like it's irl.
jymmy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Original light novelist Reki Kawahara took part in 2-hour special's writing

Uh oh, that's not a good sign.

Also, I think the name of the most important and well-written character in the series is Suguha, not Sugeha.
HelloNova

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
I started hyperventilating when I saw Sinon....

.. Still hyperventilating.
TUSF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that's Sinon and Kirito in thier GGO avatars, on a beach... I don't think that image is suppose to be canon, it's just a neat poster to hang on your wall or something xD

Anyways, I think that "certain someone" is the Government agent, Kikouka, which would signal the start of Phantom Bullet (GGO) arc.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote
2 hours, must be a very indepth and very informative swimming lesson
Ashminigun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
The long overdue beach episode/special. Guys, take your pick. Girls, I know you want to see Kirito in only shorts. Hah-ha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
Very happy that it's 2 hours long, Reki Kawahara taking part in the writing is great news as well.
SphereKnight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:16 am Reply with quote
but specified that the show is going to be in Japan only.

Sad
MentalMachine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
Why can't this shitty, overrated franchise die already? Confused
Julliant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quote
MentalMachine wrote:

Ya know, if it bothers you so much, can't you just ignore it? I'm not even a big fan of SAO and I find people who wish something they don't like to just die a tad bit ridiculous.

brb registering on a cricket forum just to tell them I don't like cricket.
TUSF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Julliant wrote:
MentalMachine wrote:

Ya know, if it bothers you so much, can't you just ignore it? I'm not even a big fan of SAO and I find people who wish something they don't like to just die a tad bit ridiculous.

While in real life, Trolls only exist in fairy tales and stories, this is the internet, where they freely roam the internet. This guy here, is an example of one of them.
Really, the series receives so much unnecessary hate, for ridiculous reasons. Most people I know of who hate on it, barley even get through the first few episodes of the anime, or just read reviews of it, but other people who didn't like it.
Personally, I find that the anime was poorly done, and mostly wish that the animators didn't cut out/change so much content, that to me, completely defined certain scenes in the story...
MentalMachine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Julliant wrote:
MentalMachine wrote:

No, not quite. I'm sick of shit like this holding back GOOD anime. I don't see new TV series for something like Ghost in the Shell. Yeah, I see OVAs, but that's not enough. I want a two season series of GITS, with 26 episodes each and Kenji Kawai/Yoko Kanno. Do you know what else I want? A remade version of Trigun, with a story following the manga better, unlike the original series, which was good on its own, but a garbage adaptation. I want anime with Production IG level character design CONSISTENTLY. Is this too much to ask? No, no it's not. I don't want crap, with terrible, diverging mid points, awful characters, cheap character designs and low fun/excitement factors.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
MentalMachine wrote:
Julliant wrote:
MentalMachine wrote:

No, not quite. I'm sick of shit like this holding back GOOD anime. I don't see new TV series for something like Ghost in the Shell. Yeah, I see OVAs, but that's not enough. I want a two season series of GITS, with 26 episodes each and Kenji Kawai/Yoko Kanno. Do you know what else I want? A remade version of Trigun, with a story following the manga better, unlike the original series, which was good on its own, but a garbage adaptation. I want anime with Production IG level character design CONSISTENTLY. Is this too much to ask? No, no it's not. I don't want crap, with terrible, diverging mid points, awful characters, cheap character designs and low fun/excitement factors.

I just logged in to say just how retarded of a reason that is. You want *This*, *This*, and *This*. The sole reason you can't get *this, *this, and *this* is because OTHER anime are being made? lol

If you want "Consistent" character designs then you find someone who is willing to pay a shit-ton of money to fulfill those wishes of yours. Very few anime have consistent designs...hell Attack on Titan didn't.

I want adaptations of many mangas and remakes too (like a remake of Fairy Tail...) that doesn't mean that if I thought SAO was shit (which I don't) I would go and say stuff like that - just because I can't get what i want. Shit costs money to make.
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
MentalMachine wrote:
Is this too much to ask?

Yes...

anime isn't made to fit your specific tastes. And if you want it to, vote with your wallet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2