• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Extra Edition to Stream Worldwide

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
risingdarknessdragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Something to look forward to Smile
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I can't think of any better way to celebrate the New Year than with Kirito and friends!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, spending it with real people, primarily family, seems like a better way. maybe that's just me
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
No love for nordic countries, not that I expected any (; ̄Д ̄)....
Oh well, i'll just catch it on -the fansub streaming site i always use- if I can shy away from friends and family for a break~
midori kou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Great way to start the new year!
kamijoan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
" Meanwhile, Kirito was meeting somebody…"

I'm soooooo betting it's a Gun Gale Arc beggining or announcement D:
TheSeventhSense

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
You mean Koreans get to watch it on TV? Aww.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
>Worldwide
>Livestreaming
>A Super Huge Series having a One Hour Special

spoiler[SAO S2 Confirmed. Looking forward to the GGO Arc.]
Pangea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I don't know, spending it with real people, primarily family, seems like a better way. maybe that's just me

Yep that's just you.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:
getchman wrote:

Yep that's just you.

eh, so be it
jymmy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Oh well, i'll just catch it on -the fansub streaming site i always use- if I can shy away from friends and family for a break~

Please do not support fansub streaming sites. If you cannot access the material legally, download the fansubs. There are people who do not realise that those sites are illegal. They profit from traffic from their illegal uploads (fansub groups generally only profit from user donations, which they at least claim they spend on real anime merchandise). They are a cancer in every respect of their existence.

Plus, downloading fansubs is much better quality than streaming video in general and especially those streaming sites. They're just bad.

If you're going to pirate – by desire or necessity – do it in the right way.

Anyway, I have confidence this special will be the quality of SAO in general, so I'm positively quivering with excitement.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:45 am Reply with quote
risingdarknessdragon wrote:
Cool. Something to look forward to Smile

I have a nasty feeling this special is one of those " fanservice " specials. which is a good thing since i like fanservice .

jymmy wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:

Please do not support fansub streaming sites. If you cannot access the material legally, download the fansubs. There are people who do not realise that those sites are illegal. They profit from traffic from their illegal uploads (fansub groups generally only profit from user donations, which they at least claim they spend on real anime merchandise). They are a cancer in every respect of their existence.

Well said which is why i dont watch any fansubs. ( excluding anime series like pokemon and yugioh that have been edited as kids shows and will never have official subs ) Dont be surprised that its a part of the reason why some of the US anime companies are now six feet under.

It's better off just to wait for the official sub version. Especially if their filled with extras.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jonz123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
Don't let us down.. I'm Excited..

We're All looking forward to this Laughing
Kebble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone like the second half of Sword Art Online? I thought the first half of the series was epic and almost (yeah, almost) worth its asking price for the blu-ray edition. The second half took away the suspence of people dying, by then rehashing the plot for the first arc and included a pitiful love triangle too. I mean, it just felt so mediocre in comparison that I actually had to check if the second half was a legit arc in the manga and not some bonus crap the animators were using to sell more merchandise.

Anime extras and OAVs usually come out long after the series has concluded, and from that perspective I've already stopped caring about whatever run-of-the-mill characters I was formerly attached to.
NeweDat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Kebble wrote:
Did anyone like the second half of Sword Art Online? I thought the first half of the series was epic and almost (yeah, almost) worth its asking price for the blu-ray edition. The second half took away the suspence of people dying, by then rehashing the plot for the first arc and included a pitiful love triangle too. I mean, it just felt so mediocre in comparison that I actually had to check if the second half was a legit arc in the manga and not some bonus crap the animators were using to sell more merchandise.

I agree 100%. I loved the SAO arc but had a really hard time staying interested in the ALO arc. I personally like Accel World much more than SAO, but most people say its the weaker of the two. At least AW kept me interested from start to finish. I'm really hoping they announce AW season 2 at the end of the SAO new years stream.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2