• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Super Robot Wars Z PS3/Vita Game Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I feel sorry for Haruna Ikezawa not just she is not mentioned in this news but also her character Aoi was not in the Trailer when Dancouga Nova appeared, she got an apology from Terada for that. Twisted Evil
marvel knight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Aquarion Evol is making its first appearance , right?
I just love that show. Very Happy
So can anyone tell me which other shows are making their first appearance in the franchise.
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
gundam UC is new also the Eva movies, maybe one of the Votoms is new too I don't remember. Twisted Evil

according to some websites that the next game which is part 2 of this game will include 6 more series.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
gundam UC is new also the Eva movies, maybe one of the Votoms is new too I don't remember. Twisted Evil

according to some websites that the next game which is part 2 of this game will include 6 more series.

Eva movies aren't new.

They were in L.

What is new:
Aquarion EVOL
The remaining OVAs and arcs of Votoms
Gundam UC
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Man, it feels so good to see Gunbuster back again.
Banjo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
oh yea I totally forgot about srw L, Gunbuster is sure fun to have if he just joins early in game.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
>We'll never get any SRW games over

Besides like those two OG GBA games. I played them and they were pretty fun, honestly, should've finished them.

But dammit.
sdsichero
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Man, when will they do a good 3DS game?
hpulley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote
sdsichero wrote:
Man, when will they do a good 3DS game?
Never thought I'd see that in a PSVita game thread LOL (and I own a PS Vita!).
Davy0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Anybody else see what I saw? The fact that they are actually going to fit a Universe/Super Large Galaxy Sized Robot like Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan and (considering they are also using the movie...) Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan probably as its final attack...
Gamlin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Char's Counterattack and Unicorn were there but ZZ is not?

SHAME ON YOU BANDAI! You treating the First Neo Zeon War as uncanonical now thanks to the stupid Z Gundam Movies. D:
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Davy0 wrote:
Anybody else see what I saw? The fact that they are actually going to fit a Universe/Super Large Galaxy Sized Robot like Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan and (considering they are also using the movie...) Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan probably as its final attack...

Uh......
They had Demonbane in UX, albeit not War God or Kishin Hishou-era Demonbane.

And TTGL/STTGL wasn't universe size. It was an isolated space created by the Anti-Spiral. I love how people tend to forget that.

Gamlin wrote:
Char's Counterattack and Unicorn were there but ZZ is not?

SHAME ON YOU BANDAI! You treating the First Neo Zeon War as uncanonical now thanks to the stupid Z Gundam Movies. D:

Well, technically, it is in Z.
They used A New Translation. Assuming they take the ZEUTH/ZEXIS routes as canon, Haman joined your team and kinda negates Kamille's condition.
Davy0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Still larger than the galaxies orbiting it. Used two of them as stepping stones effortlessly. Isolated or not.
Gamlin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Well, technically, it is in Z.
They used A New Translation. Assuming they take the ZEUTH/ZEXIS routes as canon, Haman joined your team and kinda negates Kamille's condition.

But the problem is that how will they explain Marida in this game when the events of the First Neo Zeon War is nowhere to be found. They can't just say she appeared out of nowhere like Full Frontal.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Davy0 wrote:
Still larger than the galaxies orbiting it. Used two of them as stepping stones effortlessly. Isolated or not.

You do realize that the anime never actually stated that those were actual galaxies, right? They could very well have simply been objects that just looked like galaxies, which is how I take it.

It's easy as hell to see why the final battle in GL took place in the kind of place it did: Gainax just thought it would be cool to see two giant figures throwing "galaxies" at each other. That's all. Taking it 100% seriously as "Man, those mechs are larger than actual galaxies & look what they're doing with them!" means that you probably took GL way too seriously. I love GL, and that final battle was cool as all hell, but it's also a completely ridiculous show that can't be taken 100% seriously. Hell, I lovingly joke with my friends that Spiral Energy essentially works off of simplistic stupidity (remember, bravery can also be mistaken for stupidity), because there's no other real way to describe it. Gurren Lagann is a completely silly show, and I love it for its sheer, manic energy & memorable characters... But it's still insanely silly & stupid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1