• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 10 Titles Nominated for 7th Manga Taisho Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
From what I've read so far, 7 deadly sins isn't anything to write home about, but many of the rest look really interesting! (inclined to say Kaoru Mori ftw though)
OtakuJesd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quote
I haven't read any of them besides Aijin so yeah... can't really comment on this one, but Aijin was pretty interesting nonetheless.
Waraich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:57 am Reply with quote
Why is Seven deadly sins even on this list? it would be like having Bleach or Naruto on it.. seems really out of place
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:11 am Reply with quote
Seven Deadly Sins is pretty good, don't compare it to the garbage that is known as Naruto and Bleach..
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:38 am Reply with quote
I hope that the multiple nominations means it is The Bride's Story's time to shine. It is a wonderful manga with art that is beyond compare and a sweet slice-of-life storyline.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote
I'm only familiar with Bride's Story (which I love), but like other posters there are some interesting looking titles. Sayonara Tama-chan looks like it would be very sad, but very touching as well.
Waraich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
Sir Daniel Fortesque wrote:
Seven Deadly Sins is pretty good, don't compare it to the garbage that is known as Naruto and Bleach..

It is really similar though! its a standard battle manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
If we're going to start a hate-fest, can I just ask what the big deal is with A Bride's Story?
Everyone I've seen has raved about it but I could barely get through volume one. A wall of all but palpable boredom weighed on me, and while the period details in the clothing and environs were something else, the plot was what fell flat for me. Rolling Eyes
metroid112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
From this list i just read Sakamoto, Seven Deadly Sins and One Punch Man. But guessing from previous winners, I dont think any of them will win, well maybe Sakamoto could.
ajr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
If we're going to start a hate-fest, can I just ask what the big deal is with A Bride's Story?
Everyone I've seen has raved about it but I could barely get through volume one. A wall of all but palpable boredom weighed on me, and while the period details in the clothing and environs were something else, the plot was what fell flat for me. Rolling Eyes

For me personally, I find the lead to be quite interesting. There's a lot communicated via body language and situational context, to a degree uncommon in most other manga. It's neat trying to figure out what she's thinking and feeling, especially given the awkward situations she's placed in. It's no epic tale of battle and betrayal, but it is a solid biographic of this person.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
BOKU DAKE GA INAI MACHI is an incredibly good read as a mystery/suspense story. It starts off pretty slowly but right now I'm just screaming for the next chapter to come out! It deserves it's nomination.

Bride Story is awesome as well. Interesting art, culture setting and story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1