• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st World End Economica Episode by Spice & Wolf's Hasekura Now on Steam

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
So punish windows players by losing their progress when becoming multiplayform? Or will the saves still work for Windows people after the Engine change? Seems like it just punishes the majority to cater to the few
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
$9.74

OH MY GOD

I am literally less than a dollar from owning this. So salty right now. Dammit Steam stop making me spend money when I need to be saving for Watch_Dogs.
Sekai Project

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
So punish windows players by losing their progress when becoming multiplayform? Or will the saves still work for Windows people after the Engine change? Seems like it just punishes the majority to cater to the few

The real reason is that the current engine is not 100% Western Windows friendly due to it being originally designed for Japanese Windows systems.

By porting to Ren'Py that'll resolve the compatibility issues and allow multiplatform and Stream cloudsaves. Ren'Py will also prevent the game from crashing when you activate the Steam overlay.

We're also waiting on some artwork so we can add Steam Card support.

If there's any other questions we'll answer them to the best of our ability.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Sekai Project wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

The real reason is that the current engine is not 100% Western Windows friendly due to it being originally designed for Japanese Windows systems.

By porting to Ren'Py that'll resolve the compatibility issues and allow multiplatform and Stream cloudsaves. Ren'Py will also prevent the game from crashing when you activate the Steam overlay.

Wait if you are porting it to ren'py then couldn't you do an android devices. I would really love it if you could do that.
Also I want physical copies of WEE for my booth at conventions any chance of that happening still?
Sekai Project

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Sekai Project wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Wait if you are porting it to ren'py then couldn't you do an android devices. I would really love it if you could do that.
Also I want physical copies of WEE for my booth at conventions any chance of that happening still?

Android maybe, would have to first be approved by the circle, maybe in the future when episode 2 and 3 is done.

Physical copies are in discussions as well, might be available during Anime Expo this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1