• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell Arise #3's Trailer Previews Sean Lennon Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
Looks nice. Can't wait to see this third movie soon as well as the 4th in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lizardking461

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote
Seeing as Arise and Sean are both pale shadows of their 'parents', I think that's quite apt.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
lizardking461 wrote:
Seeing as Arise and Sean are both pale shadows of their 'parents', I think that's quite apt.

Ouch...

Have not seen Arise since funimation seems to only be selling LEs right now but Sean isn't really bad. We're at a stagnation in music right now (real music anyway), but back when John came into the scene it was basically them inventing that type of music. People will argue that there exists some kind of music we havnt discovered yet but unless it's crap like dubstep that's basically just a fragment of real music, then it's already been done. We've tried pretty much everything at this point. It's like inventing the computer and expecting your son to create a completely new device that's even better but isn't a computer.
thomas8166

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
lizardking461 wrote:

Can't speak about Sean Lennon as I haven't heard his music yet, but totally agree with you that Arise feels quite weak compared to the original series. (I say this as someone who's watched both seasons and the movies.)
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm solely interested in the anime/movie. Animation is looking good.

The story just another revamp, I'm not getting hung up with another adaption of the original manga i loved. there been too many worry about it.

I'm not happy Fun is doing importing, but what can you do?
XSp

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kusanagi a lesbian?
Even though I made a full marathon couple of years ago, I remember quite clearly the first Ghost in the Shell manga... Razz
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
#815349 wrote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kusanagi a lesbian?
Even though I made a full marathon couple of years ago, I remember quite clearly the first Ghost in the Shell manga... Razz

She's bisexual. In the original manga, she both engaged in lesbian "e-sex" and had a boyfriend as well.

The Ghost in the Shell Wikia has an entire article written specifically around the Major's sexual preferences:

http://ghostintheshell.wikia.com/wiki/Motoko_Kusanagi
Ghostless

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
lizardking461 wrote:

Saw both avant premieres, I shouldn't give it a definitive judgement but Arise carries the burden pretty well so far yet because there's a yet Smile music doesn't stand out & cyberpunk themes barely scratched upon.

the big plus is the animation, which is stunning idk why I don't see more comments about that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1