• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Hunting Site Unveils New Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow old news ANN
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Is the completed 707-frame sequence available anywhere besides the Haruhi Hunting site? That site is just so heavy, it slows down my computer (an aging laptop) to a near-standstill and won't load properly after all the frames are in the bottom bar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Is the completed 707-frame sequence available anywhere besides the Haruhi Hunting site? That site is just so heavy, it slows down my computer (an aging laptop) to a near-standstill and won't load properly after all the frames are in the bottom bar.

You can try youtube but if it's not on there I can tell you what the video expalins. Its really a let down.
Lusbox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Still hoping this was too much effort for just a pachinko game.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Is this it for the 707? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTprbqcq5M
Or is there more to it? And, if not, I've no idea what a last frame would add to it all.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
could this be just the start of a comeback for Haruhi?
wohdin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Does Kyoani not realize that if this is not leading up to an eventual Haruhi anime revival (preferably a full-on continuation, because we don't need to have that Endless Eight bullshit made again), they're going to make A LOT of people extremely pissed?

Surely they're not that out of touch with reality, right?
wohdin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Does Kyoani not realize that if this is not leading up to an eventual Haruhi anime revival (preferably a full-on continuation, because we don't need to have that Endless Eight bullshit made again), they're going to make A LOT of people extremely pissed?

Surely they're not that out of touch with reality, right?

But now that I think about it, I can't imagine why a Haruhi-themed Pachinko game would be coming out now, either, unless it was promoting something larger...
Team Rocket Elite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
If Kyoani didn't do the animation, they would have just gotten a different animation studio to animate the video.

Kyoani accepting the work is actually a good sign to me. It suggests that they might be willing to animate season 3 should the opportunity ever present itself. And it also seems like using Hirano Aya for Haruhi might still be okay as well. The only real problem is no one knows if that opportunity will ever show up.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Joe Carpenter wrote:
could this be just the start of a comeback for Haruhi?

While someone went into an explanation of the times pachinko games brought about anime series, I don't think it'll be the case here. While I would love the rest of Haruhi to be animated, we are going to be getting the Nagato anime in the next year or so.

Of course, part of me doesn't want to discount the possibility we could see Haruhi get an anime afterwards.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Lusbox wrote:
Still hoping this was too much effort for just a pachinko game.

So, I gather pachinko machines are as "themed" over there as the Twilight Zone and Addams Family pinball games are over here?

(And are the parlors really places you wouldn't want to be seen going into, or is that just more JP fear of irresponsibility, again?)
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Is this it for the 707? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTprbqcq5M
Or is there more to it? And, if not, I've no idea what a last frame would add to it all.

No there's more. I'll just tell you it's not really a spoiler. After frame 707 ends, the video stops and zooms out revealing the frame lying on a real life school desk. Then the camera pans around an uninhibited real life school showing curtains and the school sound speaker. Then seconds later the camera comes back to the desk and the 707 frame starts playing a clip of earth zooming out until only the Milky Way is left. This becomes the new frame 708. Oh yeah and you hear Yuki say Kore de kansei. Basically the hunt is completed. Pretty mysterious. Rumor in Japan is there are 70 more secret frames.
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:

No there's more. I'll just tell you it's not really a spoiler. After frame 707 ends, the video stops and zooms out revealing the frame lying on a real life school desk. Then the camera pans around an uninhibited real life school showing curtains and the school sound speaker. Then seconds later the camera comes back to the desk and the 707 frame starts playing a clip of earth zooming out until only the Milky Way is left. This becomes the new frame 708. Oh yeah and you hear Yuki say Kore de kansei. Basically the hunt is completed. Pretty mysterious. Rumor in Japan is there are 70 more secret frames.

Have a feeling that this is just more than merely promoting for a pachinko game. Heard some posts on 2ch saying that the "real-life" footage could mean a TV drama series for Haruhi.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote
Then again, this all could just only be a promotion for the the pachinko game. It is a big business after all, and they want their customers to come in and play the new game.

I hope its not, because I want to see more Haruhi anime, but it is not beyond the pale, that this is solely a pachinko promotion.
RenimLS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:

Have a feeling that this is just more than merely promoting for a pachinko game. Heard some posts on 2ch saying that the "real-life" footage could mean a TV drama series for Haruhi.

Was kind of my first thought on a live action TV drama, but then I remembered the commercials for the anime that I saw in the blu-ray set and those were live action, so I don't think there is enough there to say there might be a TV drama. (example: http://youtu.be/gVq85-rDlwk)

I do hope there is more to this than just the pachinko game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2