• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Hive Finds

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northlander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
Someone is obviously an MST fan.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
A translation of Touch Detective 3 still hasn't been announced? Shocked

Please please please, Atlus?
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
That "Vic Mignogna is a very talented singer" got me and my sister laughing.

Shout-out to the new BlazBlue 3DS game - the previous DSi one was fun if you & your friends don't mind a bit of a "watered-down Power Stone". I really liked it, but it's downfall was in its lack of item/map variety & the lack of a story mode. This new one has a Story and Challenege mode, but I'm not seeing any mention of Versus, and that'd be a deal-breaker for me.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Those mock censorship suggestions had me laughing hard. XD
WWAanimefan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't Night Trap the one that co-starred Dana Plato of Diff'rent Strokes fame or was that a different one?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I just spat out my coke, night trap coming back??!!! REALLY?!!?!?!?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ultimatum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
I just spat out my coke, night trap coming back??!!! REALLY?!!?!?!?!

If they're asking for 300,000 on Kickstarter, probably not. Hilarious idea, though. I'd honestly be a little interested in seeing the result.

Silent Hills was really impressive. It had an amazing atmosphere, and didn't rely on things jumping out at you or gore to scare you. The use of a single hallway and bathroom for a setting was also surprisingly effective (and cost-effective, I'm sure). If the actual game can be like that, I don't care if it's exactly like the numbered Silent Hill games. The nurses and Pyramid Head only had a thematic purpose in spoiler[SH 2], anyway. I'd rather they stayed away from those, and made some new, creative monsters for gamers to examine and puzzle over.

First-person or third-person view doesn't matter to me, either. Whatever is more effective and allows the creators to see their vision through.
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Ultimatum wrote:
First-person or third-person view doesn't matter to me, either. Whatever is more effective and allows the creators to see their vision through.

The creators disbanded 10 years ago and went their separate ways.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I'll be honest & admit that should the Night Trap ReVamped KS succeed & add in Wii U support I will pitch in. I have a slight weakness with FMV games, & Night Trap is one I have limited familiarity with. Also, the idea of having the HUD be on the Gamepad, allowing the video to be the only thing on the TV, actually sounds like a neat way to play the game. Granted, I highly doubt that this KS will succeed with the way it is right now, but I'm just putting my feelings about this game out there.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
I'll be honest & admit that should the Night Trap ReVamped KS succeed & add in Wii U support I will pitch in. I have a slight weakness with FMV games, & Night Trap is one I have limited familiarity with. Also, the idea of having the HUD be on the Gamepad, allowing the video to be the only thing on the TV, actually sounds like a neat way to play the game. Granted, I highly doubt that this KS will succeed with the way it is right now, but I'm just putting my feelings about this game out there.

Hey, if the Shaq Fu Kickstarter can succeed, anything is possible.
Ultimatum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Lavnovice9 wrote:
Ultimatum wrote:

The creators disbanded 10 years ago and went their separate ways.

I meant Kojima and del Toro, the creators of this new game in the series. Sorry for not being clear.
Iudicium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
probably not for Attack on Titan, since it already has an English dub, and is known for being gory
but really Gintama woud need to make those changes to appeal to a wider western audience (at least the parts about changing the jokes/names)
SahgoDN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone submitted Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic for the contest. As I watched it, all I could think was "this looks so perfect for a 4Kids makeover".
I mean, it already has flashy magic battles (fantasy violence!) and a kid main character with a high ratio of male characters ('cause girls don't watch TV!), so all you'd need to do is censor the violence and fanservice, give all bad guys offensive faux-Middle Eastern accents, and add some awful jokes in the middle of originally silent scenes (think Aladdin summoning them butterflies) and voila! 4Kids TV newest hit show!
You could even get rid of death! Seeing as how executions via magic tend to leave no bodies behind, it would be easy to say people are "banished to the magic dimension" or something like that. Seriously, Magi came out too late for the (massacre) party Laughing

(Also, they would HAVE to shoehorn the expression "arabian nights" everywhere for the sake of awful puns. Like, "I think I'm gonna call it an ARABIAN night for today!". Or, "This will be an ARABIAN night to REMEMBER! Mwhahahahah!" *fades out to commercial break*
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I honestly found all of those skits dull and pointless. Yet again, somebody talks about Keiji Inafune's projects and says "FAK U, CRAP-COM!" I must not be the only one getting tired of it. Otherwise, nothing interests me here.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Night Trap?! Say whaaaat? Lemme turn off Saved by the Bell, get a can of Crystal Pepsi, and take a shot at this. Smile
Ultimatum wrote:
If they're asking for 300,000 on Kickstarter, probably not. Hilarious idea, though. I'd honestly be a little interested in seeing the result.

That's my main beef for this KS - the high goal. Most people backing it would probably be there for the nostalgia/campiness of it. I don't think that's gonna amount to 300k. I think it would be great to have a copy, in the same way as Shinesman is a great filler anime for game/movie nights, but I don't feel optimistic about its chances.

Cautiously optimistic about Silent Hills. I had to end up watching it, I can only imagine how claustrophobic playing it would have been but,
Ultimatum wrote:
The use of a single hallway and bathroom for a setting was also surprisingly effective (and cost-effective, I'm sure). If the actual game can be like that, I don't care if it's exactly like the numbered Silent Hill games.

This^ The restricted environment made it so disquieting and everything that happened was amplified by it. That was what was so effective about older Silent Hills - the ability to use little to create an unnerving environment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2