• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal Casts Misato Fukuen as Chibi Usa, Ai Maeda as Sailor Pluto

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
How long will it take before the many complaints about Pluto's light skin tone? I can hear it now.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
Ai Maeda? Nice. She needs more roles.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:35 am Reply with quote
rainbowrabbit wrote:
How long will it take before the many complaints about Pluto's light skin tone? I can hear it now.

from the looks of things not a lot considering that the whole basis of the series is to have the animation and artwork faithful towards the manga.

however i am surprised that they didn't get the old VA of chibiusa and pluto to reprise their roles. probably they have either passed away or have retired.

though the real question will be of course who will voice them for the english dub version? we all know that the dub cast doing the original will be doing crystal , but they definitely cant make a miscasting for chibiusa or the outer guardians uranus,saturn ,neptune and pluto. especially when it comes to saturn and the two lovers that made a serious controversy back then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:36 am Reply with quote
Cure Happy as Chbiusa? Well, I'm sold.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Cure Happy as Chbiusa? Well, I'm sold.

Not only Cure Happy, but also Cure Aqua as Pluto. I don't need to mention Cure Peace and Cure Melody, right?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
Ugh, Ai Maeda for Pluto? Gag me. Her voice grates on my nerves, and she's voicing my favorite senshi? The only time I've ever liked her character was when I as pounding her into the ground as my favorite boss battle ever.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I've kind of cooled on these designs since the start of the series. If Toei could draw them right it'd be better but they haven't really demonstrated they can.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
rainbowrabbit wrote:

however i am surprised that they didn't get the old VA of chibiusa and pluto to reprise their roles. probably they have either passed away or have retired.

Pluto's is retired. I don't know what's going through Toei's heads for not re-casting Kae Araki for Chibiusa. She does Hikari's voice in Digimon, and obviously they're going to bring her back for the new anime, considering they could bring her back for that video game that came out a year ago. She proved that she's perfectly capable of doing Chibiusa's voice with that because Hikari and Chibiusa sound identical to each other...

But Chibiusa's new voice actress sound nice, still.
ZackDeMars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Ahah that's pretty obvious that they want to erase the previous dna of sailor moon they only take voice actresses rather unknown or from precure franchise than calling the old ones.
For me it's pure sabotage and the chara design is not even on point !
Sailor moon movies were better animated back in 1996 than the actual Work ! The new producers san try to kill the nostalgia and they did it so well for me Crying or Very sad

Last edited by ZackDeMars on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Nevermind her skin, will they reference the fact that Pluto is no longer classed as a planet anymore?

Last edited by TheAnagelic1 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
midori kou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
TheAnagelic1 wrote:
Nevermind her skin, will they reference the face that Pluto is no longer classed as a planet anymore?

In the world of Sailor Moon, I doubt that matters since there are even Sailor Senshi based on stars and fictional planets.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I thought that...Pluto was considered a planet again
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
though the real question will be of course who will voice them for the english dub version? we all know that the dub cast doing the original will be doing crystal , but they definitely can't make a miscasting for chibiusa or the outer guardians uranus,saturn ,neptune and pluto. especially when it comes to saturn and the two lovers that made a serious controversy back then.

I just hope this section goes over really well so we can make it to the next few sections. I'm sooooo wanting SuperS and Stars to be done over. They're such drastically different. To be honest, I'd be happy to see a less censored Michiru and Haruka. Trying to make Haruka dress more manly all the time in the original anime isn't how she was in the manga. Even she has a feminine side.

I'm just curious to why the PR image is kind of a lie. Showing Chibi-Usa in her Senshi outfit when she doesn't fight in this arc; not to next arc... Even viewers of the older anime with no info on the manga know that much. If they try to add it it would be so very wrong and so against every inch of that plot.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Ugh, Ai Maeda for Pluto? Gag me. Her voice grates on my nerves, and she's voicing my favorite senshi? The only time I've ever liked her character was when I as pounding her into the ground as my favorite boss battle ever.

Let me guess: spoiler[Shion in Xenosaga Episode 3].

#810558 wrote:
I don't know what's going through Toei's heads for not re-casting Kae Araki for Chibiusa.

Kae Araki also lost the role of Felicia from Darkstalkers to Kana Asumi (for whatever that's worth considering Darkstalkers is a dead series now thanks to Crapbomb's continued bungling), though it's only limited to Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and its Ultimate update so far. Should Felicia appear in another crossover, Asumi will likely voice her again.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
I thought that...Pluto was considered a planet again

Actually it's now considered a prototype for the term "plutoid".
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Dessa wrote:

Let me guess: spoiler[Shion in Xenosaga Episode 3].

Yup.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2