• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Heroic Legend of Arslan Anime's Main Staff, April Premiere Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Premiering April huh? Spring got even better now! Hope this will be a 2 cour. I also have confidence in the director with his recent involvement in Book of Circus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Videogamep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I don't know much about the manga, but considering Arakawa's involved, I'll definitely watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
With only 2 tankoubon released so far, it sounds like it would be a 12-13 epi. series.
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Not too sure about the staff, and with only a little bit of the manga out, I wonder if they will refer to the novels or not.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
The manga's art is nice and the story is interesting and all, but isn't it a bit too early to animate? There are, what, about 3 volumes out? That is *maybe* a 1-cour, 10/11 episodes show.
Ladymage Samiko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
The manga's art is nice and the story is interesting and all, but isn't it a bit too early to animate? There are, what, about 3 volumes out? That is *maybe* a 1-cour, 10/11 episodes show.

There are the original novels, the previous manga series, and the previous anime to draw material from; they have enough to keep busy for a while, should they be able.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I guess MBS/TBS needs something to fill the Sunday 5pm timeslot for three months while production on Haikyuu's second season gets under way.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote
This art style resembles Fullmetal Alchemist, which I don't really like. All of their faces look really round and big. Not saying the show was bad, in fact, I haven't even watched it yet, just saying that this art style doesn't really fit my tastes. Putting aside the art style, however, the premise seems interesting, so I might give it a try.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm both looking forward to this and not. I'm excited about more Arslan, but I seriously have no love for FMA designs, just ruins the package for me.
Ladymage Samiko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm both looking forward to this and not. I'm excited about more Arslan, but I seriously have no love for FMA designs, just ruins the package for me.

Definitely. I loved watching the original OAVs and have wanted to get my paws on the original manga for years, but I can't bring myself to spend the time looking at the new series' art. The article pic looks like the designs have been modified a bit, so I'm hoping that's enough to allow me to watch the series without wincing.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Ladymage Samiko wrote:

There are the original novels, the previous manga series, and the previous anime to draw material from; they have enough to keep busy for a while, should they be able.

Wait, I know about the novels, but what's this about a previous manga? And a previous anime? By who? And when?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:01 pm Reply with quote
The Arslan anime from the 90s, the main Yoshiki Tanaka work everyone cared about before LoGH got subbed.
Ladymage Samiko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Ladymage Samiko wrote:

Wait, I know about the novels, but what's this about a previous manga? And a previous anime? By who? And when?

The anime was licensed and subbed by CPM; it was 4 eps. & 'Age of Heroes. I remember one of the CPM booth staffers telling me that it was never finished in Japan because of a variety of company snarls. I don't know if you can find it anywhere these days; my copies are on VHS. But I still adore the soundtrack by Tsuru Norihiro.

The manga was an Asuka publication by Nakamura Chisato. Very shoujo style of the time. I've wanted to get my grubby paws on it for ages, but no dice so far.
overlordrae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Trying to care about this, but I can't. I'm too in love with the 90's OAV designs.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:03 pm Reply with quote
overlordrae wrote:
Trying to care about this, but I can't. I'm too in love with the 90's OAV designs.

Found a few dubbed versions online. The designs look very reminiscent of the older Final Fantasy games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2