• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Distributing Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin Part 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninja noir

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Jesus Christ. I really want to see this, but that's nearly 100 Euro for an hour of content. Why am I even thinking about getting this?

Questions: Is it region free? How many parts are there? Are they all going to be released in editions like this?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
It's region free - Anime Limited confirmed on Twitter, but this is an import like the Bandai Visual Discs (Gunbuster vs Diebuster, Patlabor etc.); they're making a disc in Japan with all the various languages on (and presumably a BBFC logo) and shipping them out to regional distributors. Right Stuf's listing indicates that they're only making enough to cover pre-orders placed before March 22nd, although AFAICT the actual disc in the Collectors' Edition is the same as the regular one so that presumably refers to the booklets etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:45 pm Reply with quote
ninja noir wrote:
Jesus Christ. I really want to see this, but that's nearly 100 Euro for an hour of content. Why am I even thinking about getting this?

Questions: Is it region free? How many parts are there? Are they all going to be released in editions like this?

Maybe the same reason why I'll be spending almost £500 on the remaining 5 volumes of kyoukai senjou no horizon.
ninja noir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the info shiroi, that really helps. Smile Be great if AL were offering the non-collector's edition too, but eh. I didn't even expect this much consideration with this release so I should probably quit complaining, hehe.

I have some thinking to do about this now. *sigh*
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
As it stands AL doesn't have the license but are merely acting as a local distributor so the decisions are all down to Bandai Visual.

And they have an excellent history of making decisions for us because

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1