• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: Gintama Also Leads in Most Anticipated Spring 2015 Anime Poll

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PseudoFiction

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote
the kids love the gintamas
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Technically there's two similarities: Gintama on the 1st place and Arslan on the 8th.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I don't read the Manga and from the look of this website
http://www.yorozuyasoul.com/gintama/arcs
The following arcs for Gintama, look good, Dekoboko sounds really funny and I did check out a bit of the Manga.

But none of them seem like the best of Gintama, like Courtesan of a Nation, or even like some of the smaller arcs like Guardian Dog. Manga readers, what are the best upcoming arcs?
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I keep forgetting that the new UtaPri airs in the spring. Hopefully it'll be better than the 2nd season.
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
The following arcs for Gintama, look good, Dekoboko sounds really funny and I did check out a bit of the Manga.

But none of them seem like the best of Gintama, like Courtesan of a Nation, or even like some of the smaller arcs like Guardian Dog. Manga readers, what are the best upcoming arcs?

If you only knew lol. The arc which just finished was the most serious and best arc so far. Courtesan of Nation and etc are nothing against this arc which just ended recently. i believe it was also the longest arc so far. This arc had everything we was waiting for.

Last edited by TheRahi00 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
LinkSword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad for Gintama, as it's my favorite anime together with Kaiji, but I'm even more pleased that the sequel to Yahari is highly anticipated both here and in Japan, even if it didn't quite make 2nd place.

Also, there seem to be many more nostalgia-ridden Digimon fans in here than over there, which is certainly just fine since I count myself among them. I can't wait for Tri.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
A solid list, and overall not a lot of different between each show's rank (±2 isn't a large gap, considering the total amount of votes)
konqueror

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
We can say that the american poll is mostly about nostalgia, and the japanese more related to fujoshi tastes. It's a bit complicated to notice the difference, but it's there. That's why Nagato Yuki-chan is a bit higher in the american poll.
blessed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Kagura<3
Via_01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Only THE BEST arc in the whole series. I won't spoil, but it's an arc where every major character (for the exception of a certain bastard that is constantly on standby) has a role, and it links directly with the following arc, which feels almost as epic.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:26 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

The "Grim Reaper" Arc introduced the new villain on the main cast, and there isn't the two last arcs (first is the biggest story arc in Gintama presented for now, second is ongoing and following it's story) in the list... and they're are truly the masterpiece.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
My vote for Yamada and the Seven Witches didn't even make the list. But you guys are getting me all curious about Gintama, and there are sooo many great shows coming! Including my second choice, My Love Story, which other people want to see as well!
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I approve of this list (I voted for Digimon, and FSN would have been my second choice!) Surprised
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
What are the chances that there are no ties!

LinkSword wrote:

Also, there seem to be many more nostalgia-ridden Digimon fans in here than over there,

Japan is inundated with all bunch of -mon shows through the years. N. America only gets a few of them now and then, so N. Americans remember the few ones that achieve success there.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:05 am Reply with quote
Not only that, but they have Yo-kai Watch there too, which has quickly become the new Pokémon (not that Pokémon has become irrelevant, and Nintendo wins either way). People interested in mon shows have largely went over to Yo-kai Watch.

konqueror wrote:
We can say that the american poll is mostly about nostalgia, and the japanese more related to fujoshi tastes. It's a bit complicated to notice the difference, but it's there. That's why Nagato Yuki-chan is a bit higher in the american poll.

And yet, the Japanese voters care even less about Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? than the western voters do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2