• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood Blockade Battlefront (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quote

Blood Blockade Battlefront (TV)
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond (TV2)

Genres: action, comedy, drama, science fiction, supernatural
Themes: aliens, coming of age, dark comedy, family tragedy, secret agents, superpowers, vampires

Plot Summary: One day, New York City as we know it vanished overnight into a mysterious fog. Now known as Hellsalem's Lot, it has become a place where another world beyond imagining is connected to our reality. The balance within this new world is protected by a secret society known as Libra. Leo, a journalist and photographer who arrives in the city, is unexpectedly recruited to join their ranks.
----------------------------------

Official site:
http://kekkaisensen.com/

Preview(s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jDyMuduEJ2E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2l4u3FEBwPs
----------------------------------

Just saw some recent news on this (getting a lot of info on this actually in the past few weeks) and I recall reading the manga while ago although there's not much material. The previews though imo looks freaking amazing. And one other thing I noticed is that Matsumoto will be in charge of doing the directing. He did work for Kyousou Giga, a show that I found highly appealing. This has a decent cast lists too.

Right now, it's confirmed that Bones is doing the adaptation so I also expect them to do two other projects in the future this year.

Last edited by Stark700 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Themes: Vampire, Supernatural Powers, Netherlands

Vampires, supernatural powers and the Dutch?!
I don't get it.

Oh, Netherworlds...

I still don't get it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Great stuff so far with spoiler[decent soundtrack, characters, and the dark urban setting. They showed more than I had thought but they got most of it right imo. There's some foreshadowing in the end but overall pretty well done. Loved the theme song at the end as well. Seems like we are getting more action next time but I loved the classical theme tones as well. Nice. But for this episode, I think Klaus and Zapp stole a good amount of action especially in the second half]

I wonder how far they will adapt this though but overall has good impression on it so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote
That was pretty damn good. Great action, music and animation. Setting has lots of potential and main character seems to have *gasp* motivation and desire!

It felt a bit like Bakano in some way ,especially with all the flashback and potential flash forward at the start, that could have been cleaned up a bit.

But yeah, definitely keep my eye on it.
Justaway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
When the MC started narrating my first thought was "SHINPACHI!" and then we saw that humans and aliens are living together "Wait, is it really Shinpachi? xD". To top it off, he's got enhanced eyes. And hell, half the cast is Gintama.

The very beginning threw me off. A rather messy and unnecessary flashback. There was literally one scene before we returned to before the flashback. Durarara!! or even Yozakura Quartet, that was not.

Overall, enjoyed it. Characters, from initial impressions, are fun. Especially enjoyed the giant letters when they used their techniques. It's over-the-top stuff like that can help me enjoy anime tropes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

How would we describe this? Soul Eater, meets Space Dandy, meets Durarara? Regardless there was quite a bit of style that I thought was rather cool. Maybe a touch of something with over the top like KlK or TSDS, to follow the big words. Nice animation too.

Actually I might describe it as a mess so far, but one that has me interested that I might get a hang of things. I think one my favourite bits is how it described itself as the strange meets the mundane, and we finish off with a spoiler[regular diner scene as most of it looks to be demolished].

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sunara Ishi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really get a Baccano (or Durarara) feel to it. It wasn't that over the top nor did it have tons of subplots going on...
More of a Space Dandy feel though because of all the strange creatures. Maybe Space Dandy meets Fooly Cooly, which meets something else... I dunno.

My biggest problem was it kind of lost me at times. Which is odd because I usually understand all the weird shows. It feels like they just didn't bother to explain some things. Probably my attention wasn't 100% on it but I understood enough. I'll give it a few more episodes to decide.
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:33 pm Reply with quote

LOL! JUST LOL!

Definitely my favorite part of episode 1.
jtron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I thought this episode was incredible, and it even grabbed the attention of my wife, who's not normally too into anime that's not Gintama, Azumanga Daioh, or Magi.

A couple things: first off, I'm pretty sure director Matsumoto is a young woman, not a guy.

Secondly, has there been any word at all on this getting legally streamed in the US? It's impressive enough that I could see Netflix/Hulu/adult swim securing exclusive rights, but I haven't heard anything.

Thirdly, whaddya mean you thought for a second this was Gintama?
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Funimation has it, they just haven't started streaming it for some reason.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Seems like something that would be a good choice for a simuldub. The premise didn't sound like my cup of tea to begin with, and the first episode did a lot of things which can turn me off to a series fairly quickly (e.g. infodumping via TV broadcasts), yet it did them with such self-awareness and panache (e.g. many of those broadcasts being "interviews" with a strange creature who only responds to the as-you-know commentary with a gurgled "Hai!" after each chunk of it) that it actually entertained the crap out of me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Great episode! One of my favorite spoiler[OP songs so far for this Spring Season. And the action along with the dark fantasy tropes really has style imo. The style has this upbeat and classic way of presenting itself and I find it cheerful to watch the way the episode was handled.]

At the end, we see spoiler[White...a ghost?] Eh, not sure what I think about this girl but she seems to be a bit mischievous?
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:05 pm Reply with quote
It was really nice of him to write a letter to his sister. If she wasn't blind, she might even be able to read it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
It's hard out there for a pi...zza delivery guy. Smile

So Zapp - who does he remind me of? He's a dead ringer for someone (a young version of Grave? maaaybe, but...) and it's driving me crazy that I can't put my finger on it.

Looks like they took a page from Death Parade for the ED. I like it though.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeesh, talk about saving the best for last (I know, I know, there's still Ninja Slayer left). Both episodes were phenomenal. As a fan of the manga, I'm glad it was brought to life with such top notch quality. If they follow the manga as closely as they have so far, there's some awesome action to be seen. It seems they are sticking to the manga if the chess episode is next. Only White and the other mysterious kid are original characters, unless they appear in later volumes that haven't been released here yet.
But man, that was fun. Really gonna enjoy watching this one.

Yttrbio wrote:
It was really nice of him to write a letter to his sister. If she wasn't blind, she might even be able to read it.

That left me scratching my head too, lol. Guess someone would have read it to her?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12