• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tales Of The Industry - The Mecha Saw Combat

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
We hosted a disastrous concert featuring the vocal cast of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Got the Hare Hare Yukai record out of that concert. Count that as a win.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:27 am Reply with quote
Oh, yeah, I've seen a LOT of things dropped in the middle of freeways. Coming up on a Washing Machine abruptly at 65 MPH will take years off your life, having a portable Oil Well loose it's transport's transmission in front of you at a similar speed will do it too. Never saw a mecha, but here in Orlando it wouldn't surprise me, not at all.

Mark Gosdin
7jaws7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
I hope that Haruhi story comes next Very Happy
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote
That was a wild ride. Thanks for sharing.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:36 am Reply with quote
I really feel for anon-kun here. Having a giant Nirvash fly off your pickup truck into traffic would have taken years off my life too. Reading up on the disaster that was AX 2007, when that debacle probably wasn't even in the Top 5 worst things that happened that weekend(and yeah, I had heard before about the Haruhi concert).

I can also imagine the insurance headaches when anon-kun's truck got smashed into by a car in reverse.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I was at the Haruhi concert, and the waiting in line in the broiling sun for hours prior to it. Then I get to the entrance, and it's only then that they tell us that absolutely no bags, cameras, ect will even be allowed into the building. So, a quick dash back to my room to deposit everything, another hour or so baking in the sun, and I got in. Don't really need to go over the concert itself, that's a pretty well known disaster. And most everything else went about as well that weekend. I'm amazed I ever went back to AX again.
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I've almost been hit by twice by stuff flying off the back of a truck. Once it was a sofa, and another time a mattress. That had to suck. Thankfully, no one ran into it. But yeah that sounds like an inauspicious way to start the weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Reading this made me simultaneously laugh out loud and hyperventilate. Tales of The Industry continues to be my new favourite piece of content on the site.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
"I can flyyyyy!"

Awesome story. I can only imagine what the people driving by thought.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Surprised that Haruhi and Eureka Seven were actually named. I thought they would be censored in order to protect this guy's identity. That does give away the company.

edit: removed company name from the post even though I don't feel like there's a need for it - see my post below

Last edited by dtm42 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nate148

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Im thinking that one it would be clear as day no mater how it was told two the company is now dead and three his name is not given
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
@dtm: You might wanna edit that out. You're not supposed to say the actual company names in the topic.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
@dtm: You might wanna edit that out. You're not supposed to say the actual company names in the topic.

That's only true if there was an attempt by ANN to hide the identity of the company. If the article does not hide the names of anime series that the company licensed/distributed then there's no need to hide the name of the company itself, since obviously protecting the identity of the company wasn't important this time.

So basically, if ANN is okay with telling people who the company is (and look, naming actual series the company has distributed is as good as saying the name of the company itself), then I don't see why regular users cannot say it in the thread. It;s not like anyone was trying to keep it a secret this time around.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Name changes and obfuscated details are at the exact specification of the anonymous person who is telling the story. It's whatever they're comfortable with.

It isn't going to be remotely the same from story to story, and the forums will be moderated depending on the specific requirements of that individual column.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, that must have been some serious hell to experience that day. D:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4