• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: UK Tokonatsu Anime Festival Combines Con with Camping

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote
One of at least two - FieldCon being the other one that I know of...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
^^;; You know, some con-goers barely cleanse themselves even with a shower in their hotel room...
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
One of at least two - FieldCon being the other one that I know of...

As the article mentions, the advertised difference with Tokonatsu is that it expressly still includes the anime con elements such as a masquerade, a game arcade, and anime screenings. Fieldcon expressly removes them ("no video games, no sound systems," and no "people prancing up on stage").
hikura

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
^^;; You know, some con-goers barely cleanse themselves even with a shower in their hotel room...

I am in aggreance with you on this point.My only other worry is bathrooms in general.
aluria

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Kind of a neat idea. I mean instead of spending a few hundred for a hotel room, you just bring a tent and sleeping bag. I would assume or at least hope that there are proper bathrooms for people to use so I'd imagine there is only a small upkeep fee. Interesting alternative.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

How true ... which saves them the cost of having a hotel room -- when they don't use the whole thing. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quote
Wow. I wonder how it works.

But i rather not deal with an outhouse or portajohns. I always had a fear of it tipping while being inside. ewww.

Now if there was a bathhouse with toliet stalls and showers i'd do it. pplus i always wanted to stay in a tent.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:

Now if there was a bathhouse with toliet stalls and showers i'd do it. pplus i always wanted to stay in a tent.

If you go to the website, you can see an image of a dinghy bathroom with toilets and such. But... egh. I guess a lot of anime fans end up camping on the floors of hotel rooms anyway, but... egh. It wouldn't be my cup of tea.

I guess if you like LARPing and stuff, this is probably a dream come true. Roll out of your tent in the morning, put on some armor, wave your wand or whatever, and set out for the day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1