• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Emiri Katō Boards Gakkō Gurashi Anime's Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Aww, cute dog. I really hope they show a PV soon. Saw a few voice samples over this week as well and I think I like the majority of the casting so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Is this a talking dog or something? Because Emiri Katou is probably the most famous voice actress in the cast so far... and yet she is voicing a dog.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Lerche have already proved themselves to be incredible animators with Assassination Classroom. Really excited to see how this is handled, since it will be their first anime without Seiji Kishi involved. Its crazy really, the studio went from making 1 anime a year to making 3 anime next season because of Classrooms success. I'm glad for this. I'm hoping the best for their works
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
This is that series that people were saying is pretty screwed up, right? I like the art (I'm a ambivalent to Lerche, but it's all good) so I'm kind of excited for this.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
This is that series that people were saying is pretty screwed up, right? I like the art (I'm a ambivalent to Lerche, but it's all good) so I'm kind of excited for this.

I'd put more trust in Lerche if I were you. They are delivering something of Production I.G. standard with Ass Class, the adaptation is flawless, the animation and art style is great (subjective, but i love the colour shifts and the use of markers for the character outlines) and rather high budget. They seem to be quiet generous with the budgets too. With this and 2 more adaptations coming, if at least 2 out of the three are as good as Ass Class then Lerche will be the best new studio in my book. So this could be great, it could not. But i'm confident. Also scripts are done by Nitroplus, they are the people behind "the most twisted game ever created" so if this isn't messed up i'll be disappointed. Read like the first 3 chapters and it has that Madoka tone and feel to it
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:01 pm Reply with quote
All those spoilers for the first chapter of the manga(ep 1 of the anime) makes me happy that I read the first chapter back when it first got translated.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Unless the dog speaks, her role will probably be "wan, wan" (and variants).
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Is this a talking dog or something? Because Emiri Katou is probably the most famous voice actress in the cast so far... and yet she is voicing a dog.

The funny thing is that if they go as the manga, this dog will appear only in one episode spoiler[before it turn into a zombie. And it's the flashback story].
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:09 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
The funny thing is that if they go as the manga, this dog will appear only in one episode

Well, Miki is on the poster, and she spoiler[never had a chance to meet Taromaru] in the manga, so that might be evidence that the dog's role in the story has changed somewhat.

Since the original author is writing the scripts for the anime, he might use the opportunity to modify things that he wished he had done differently the first time around.

Also, it's awesome that Ari Ozawa (the star of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Rolling Girls, etc.) will be playing Kurumi. Perfect casting.
Chipp12

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Nitroplus is credited with producing the scripts.

Been waiting for a while for to make an update but it's still not what I was hoping for. They've actually already released a list of writers hired by Nitroplus to work on the series, you can find it here:
http://gakkougurashi.com/staffcast/index.html
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1