• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Attack on Titan Films' 3 New Ads Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:07 am Reply with quote
WHEN'S THE DAMN AUSTRALIAN RELEASE DATE?! THE MONTH'S ALMOST OVER!

I REALLY want to book the tickets for my local cinema...
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
WHEN'S THE DAMN AUSTRALIAN RELEASE DATE?! THE MONTH'S ALMOST OVER!

I REALLY want to book the tickets for my local cinema...

Oh. Turns out the date's been released a couple of days ago...

...thanks ANN for not covering it?
idkAlan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I mean I can accept that they changed the ethnicities of the characters as most western studios do that to eastern properties but the one thing that really posses me off is that image of Hanji with an RPG because if that's the weaponry that they have in their arsenal then the majority of the Titans would be decimated therfore rendering the major use of the 3D maneuver gear as a last resort rather than their main attack.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
idkAlan wrote:
I mean I can accept that they changed the ethnicities of the characters as most western studios do that to eastern properties but the one thing that really posses me off is that image of Hanji with an RPG because if that's the weaponry that they have in their arsenal then the majority of the Titans would be decimated therfore rendering the major use of the 3D maneuver gear as a last resort rather than their main attack.

They have cannons in the main series. It's not like RPGs have the best aim in the world, and you also have to take into account that a Titan would most likely be looking directly at a person, with their neck difficult to reach. So if anything it's less useful than 3DMG, and I doubt her purpose for using it is related to actually "killing" more than, say, subduing.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
The level of technology in the movie is considerably higher than in the manga. I'd guess that the Titans are actually stronger in the live-action movies to compensate.

Besides, the rule's still the same: The only way to kill a Titan is to slash the back of the neck. An RPG cannot slash.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1