• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, August 17-23 [2015-08-26]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
So the first volume of Part 2 of Ace of Diamond is at third. So well deserved. Phenominal series. Still think of it as the Hunter x Hunter of sports anime (in terms of the near flawless writing, the similar art style, the way it starts as your typical sports anime and develops into a series that constantly breaks the 4th wall to where at any minute the teams, friendships and bonds could come crumbling down) Hope Kodansha USA will release the manga.

seriously if your on the wall because its baseball and you think it'll be boring then let me just tell you this.
The anime is a collaboration between Madhouse (HxH 2011) and Production I.G. (Haikyuu, Kuroko, etc) and also most of the storyboards are done by Ufotable animators. Its as amazing as it sounds
RikudoAkatsuki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
So the first volume of Part 2 of Ace of Diamond is at third. So well deserved. Phenominal series. Still think of it as the Hunter x Hunter of sports anime (in terms of the near flawless writing, the similar art style, the way it starts as your typical sports anime and develops into a series that constantly breaks the 4th wall to where at any minute the teams, friendships and bonds could come crumbling down) Hope Kodansha USA will release the manga.

seriously if your on the wall because its baseball and you think it'll be boring then let me just tell you this.
The anime is a collaboration between Madhouse (HxH 2011) and Production I.G. (Haikyuu, Kuroko, etc) and also most of the storyboards are done by Ufotable animators. Its as amazing as it sounds

If it's the Hunter x Hunter of sports wouldn't that mean it's destined for be overshadowed by more popular series?
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

If it's the Hunter x Hunter of sports wouldn't that mean it's destined for be overshadowed by more popular series?

When i said the Hunter x Hunter of sports anime i meant in terms of writing and art and stuff. I never take popularity into account. Popularity doesn't exist to me
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Why was Ace of Diamond split into two parts? Was there a time skip?
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
detective conan is still going strong.. Laughing
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Why was Ace of Diamond split into two parts? Was there a time skip?

im following the anime but from what I've heard it was a fairly big time-skip and there's rumours that it was so that the the mangaka could write an anime original third season of the anime. Pretty much filler but its not filler but canon, so that it would leave part 2 get enough content for another season. From what i've heard that is a very possible route their going
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1