• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Merging Sachiko Ohashi and Yukiko Ohashi?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daichi383

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote
I've been looking into one of the main animators on Fairy Tail's ending sequences recently and when looking at the ANN encyclopedia i found The same animators credits under 2 names.

Sachiko Ohashi
person#15423

Yukiko Ohashi
person#5546

This person's name in Kanji on both entries is the exact same "大橋 幸子".
I also found out that the given name can be translated as both Sachiko and Yukiko.

Some of the places i looks included their credits for Lord Marksman and Vanadis where they were Prop designer and animation director but the credits are split up between the 2 entries in the ANN encyclopedia. Here's the link:http://www7.atwiki.jp/anime_wiki/pages/7121.html

Another Place i looked: http://www.animatorscorner.com/staff_profile/4081

There they included her credit for Fairy Tail #114 and Hikaru no Go on the same page under the name Sachiko Ohashi whereas on the encyclopedia Sachiko has the Hikaru no Go credit while Yukiko has the Fairy Tail credit.

Also just looking at the animation work, the work they did for the opening animation on Nanami-chan looks like the work on the Fairy Tail endings a whole bunch.

At this point i think its the same person but what do you guys think?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
When it comes to checking what it in English credits my resources are limited to... Boogiepop, CCS and GitS:SAC. I don't have incredibly high hopes for key animators being included in all three, but I can check.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
daichi383

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
When it comes to checking what it in English credits my resources are limited to... Boogiepop, CCS and GitS:SAC. I don't have incredibly high hopes for key animators being included in all three, but I can check.

That would really help, thanks.

I also just checked my Fairy Tail dvds and they were credited as Sachiko Ohashi.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1