• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Utawarerumono The False Faces

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Definitely something I'm interested in, hopefully it gets a dub when Sentai releases the blurays!

Edit: I'm sure it means absolutely nothing but after reading this and seeing the announcement on Sentai's twitter I posted "Great news! Please give it a dub when the bluray releases!" and whoever was managing their twitter account favorited my tweet so even it it means nothing at least someone in the company read and liked my tweet haha

Last edited by DuchessBianca on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Damn, that sucks. I was sure FUNimation was going to grab it.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Another one for the streaming queue.

Mark Gosdin
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:

ADV Films initially had the license before it got transferred to FUNi, and considering that all the voice actors for ADV now work for Sentai there's a good chance that it'll be cast almost exactly as it was before.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
So they only translated the show's subtitle, but left the series' name transliterated? Confused
chito895

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
So they only translated the show's subtitle, but left the series' name transliterated? Confused

Question: do you know the meaning of the main title?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Sentai's future disc release will have snow foil covers for the cover art. Surprised
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
Question: do you know the meaning of the main title?

The One Being Sung About
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Knight-Hart wrote:

ADV Films initially had the license before it got transferred to FUNi, and considering that all the voice actors for ADV now work for Sentai there's a good chance that it'll be cast almost exactly as it was before.

The sequel as i recall is set long after the events of the first one..so the majority of the cast don't need to return since they are long gone anyway.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
FUNi actually mentioned on Twitter a while ago the chances of them grabbing it were low. They probably feel it wouldn't do well for them. Plus their license to S1 will expire any day now. Those Sojitz titles have been expiring faster than FUNi's other ancient stuff on S.A.V.E. they're ready to lose.

Anyway, guess John Ledford and everyone is happy they finally have their hands on this series again, and they'll probably rescue S1 when FUNi's license expires, and put it on Sentai Selects. Would definitely be good as it would contain the extras present on the ADV Films releases that are completely absent on FUNi's release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

The sequel as i recall is set long after the events of the first one..so the majority of the cast don't need to return since they are long gone anyway.

You sure? A few surprises waiting for you then. Or perhaps the blobs aren't the only long-lived life-forms in this world...
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
If you want to avoid having the show's location on the timeline ruined for you, do not enter the character info in the series' Wikipedia page. It will explain pretty much everything by the 5th character listed.

You have been warned.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

There are some returning characters looking at the video game cast and some playthrough videos I've seen

*Spoilery link*

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Utawarerumono-The-False-Faces/

spoiler[Jason Douglas (Kurou) still works on some dubs for Seraphim Digital as do Shelley Calene-Black (Karula), Sasha Paysinger (Aruruu), Chris Patton (Oboro), Brittney Karbowski (Dori) and Nancy Novotny (Gura)

Serena Varghese (Kamyu) however last I heard moved to California

Sofia Mendez (Touka) AFAIK hasn't returned to dub any anime for the Sentai era.

Vic Mignogna did work on Dream Eater Merry so I suppose the door is open for a future return to more Houston dubs; in this case for Benawi]

I can see David Wald as Haku; he's already dubbed several roles by Keiji Fujiwara. I also wouldn't mind Jamie Marchi as Kuon (liked her as Neko Kuroha who was voiced by Risa Taneda) and apparently it's become somewhat of a recurring theme where Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial voice characters connected to each other spoiler[Kuon is Yuzuha & Hakuoro's daughter though the first anime series never confirmed any romance IIRC, but the visual novel does for one of its ending routes so it might be confusing for anime-only viewers...]

Hopefully Sentai can eventually rescue license the first series and give it a Blu-ray release and pick up the OVAs too.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Well its cool that someont got it but sucks that funi didn't get it just hope they will dub it
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
omnistry wrote:
Knight-Hart wrote:

Haku the main character was a god/immortal being from what I recall, so he could easily come. Same thing with Arwan from tears to tiara, don't know why he is not in the second game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2