• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FLOW to Perform Theme Song for Tales of Berseria RPG

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pandoraking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Tales' openings never disappoint
Alexander Granell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Flow is my favorite japanese band and the Tales series is one of my favorite jrpgs ^^
Shirohae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh Hell yea!!
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Im pretty uneducated with Japanese groups so I don't really know who FLOW is but since the Tales series is my favorite series does anyone know if this particular group's agents or license company is difficult to work with/protective of their rights?

It seems like many of the recent Tales games intro OP's are removed for the western releases and replaced with just an instrumental track. Tales of Zestiria was sadly the latest victim.
BlueHaro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Im pretty uneducated with Japanese groups so I don't really know who FLOW is but since the Tales series is my favorite series does anyone know if this particular group's agents or license company is difficult to work with/protective of their rights?

It seems like many of the recent Tales games intro OP's are removed for the western releases and replaced with just an instrumental track. Tales of Zestiria was sadly the latest victim.

I know that when Naruto aired in the USA, they actually aired it with the opening by Flow. I think Code Geass also aired with its opening by Flow too. Flow has also done multiple concert runs around North America, so I believe there is a good chance that Bandai Namco may be able to get the rights for the opening.
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, it won't matter who does the themesong since all we'll get in North America is the instrumental version.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:

dragonmastr wrote:
Well, it won't matter who does the themesong since all we'll get in North America is the instrumental version.

The US releases of both Tales of Xilla games(the most recent ones before ToZ) had the Japanese OPs. From what I've heard the change to Zesteria's intro was the result of licensing issues. So getting the unedited intro for the US release of ToB is certainly not out of the question.
BlueHaro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
Zetabag wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:

dragonmastr wrote:

The US releases of both Tales of Xilla games(the most recent ones before ToZ) had the Japanese OPs. From what I've heard the change to Zesteria's intro was the result of licensing issues. So getting the unedited intro for the US release of ToB is certainly not out of the question.

Not to mention Tales of Graces and Vesperia got the English version of their openings respectively and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles finally got the original Japanese openings from the original games when it was released for ps3 too.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote
FLOW is awesome; their anime songs are great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1