• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kono Bijutsu-bu niwa Mondai ga Aru! TV Anime's Staff, July Premiere, More Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:00 am Reply with quote
interesting. the character designs are so KyoAni-like
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

Tell me about it; it threw me for a loop when I saw the studio doing this *wasn't* Kyo-Ani. Has feel. done anything noteworthy? I feel like this is my first time hearing about them.

EDIT: Browsing their encyclopedia entry, it seems like they mostly do in-between and secondary animation. That's...interesting. Kind of worries me a little bit, but I'll hold off on judging til at least a PV comes out. o.O
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

Tell me about it; it threw me for a loop when I saw the studio doing this *wasn't* Kyo-Ani. Has feel. done anything noteworthy? I feel like this is my first time hearing about them.

EDIT: Browsing their encyclopedia entry, it seems like they mostly do in-between and secondary animation. That's...interesting. Kind of worries me a little bit, but I'll hold off on judging til at least a PV comes out. o.O

lately they are getting massive in japan.they made the second season of Snafu which was just absolutely phenomenal (and this series is directed by the same guy). the only thing I hate about them is that they work like A-1 in that they freelance everything. would have much rathered KyoAni do it like they usually do. internally
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote
I "feel." good about the concept art (*badum tss*)

whiskeyii wrote:

They animated the Kissxsis adaptation. More recent examples are the currently-airing Dagashi Kashi and Oshiete! Galko-chan
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:25 am Reply with quote
The main girl looked like she was character designed by KyoAni in the ANN home page thumbnail, but when you look closely at the male character you could tell that it doesn't have the exact same style as KyoAni.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
The main girl looked like she was character designed by KyoAni in the ANN home page thumbnail, but when you look closely at the male character you could tell that it doesn't have the exact same style as KyoAni.

Agreed but the way the clothing is done is so KyoAni like. especially chunibyou
Krulcifer Einfolk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:27 pm Reply with quote
remembering kokoro connect, same visuals artstyle coming from kyo-ani perspective. but different studio who will adapt it.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:11 pm Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Has feel. done anything noteworthy? I feel like this is my first time hearing about them.

For me, they have...as they did the SNAFU TOO, which I loved.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1