• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo Hosts Guests From Love Live! Sunshine!!, One-Punch Man

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:33 am Reply with quote
Well Anime Expo is definitely starting strong once again and I'm willing to bet that this year attendance will be over 100,000 which is one of the main reasons that I'll probably never go well that and the fact that it would be a cross country trip for me in my car. Rolling Eyes
Videogamep

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
I hope this means they'll start announcing more guests soon. AX is less than two months away now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
Im surprised that some of Aquors are going to be there considering that they have a series starting up the same month
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:40 am Reply with quote
Those One Punch Man-related guests are going to be super popular. Good on AX for getting them! I wonder how many Saitama cosplayers will be at AX? Laughing
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Awesome that the Aquors seiyuu are appearing at AX just before the debut of Love Live Sunshine! Smile
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Im surprised that some of Aquors are going to be there considering that they have a series starting up the same month

I think they're going all out on the global side this time around. LL! got pretty big in the west but I feel like it was too late for anything major to happen with the original girls. By trying to develop the international side of things early on with the new girls, I'm hopeful that the franchise will be able to have more of a presence in the west.
omiya

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
It's good that 2 separate music companies Lantis (owned by Bandai Namco) and Sony can combine to provide a broader range of artists for an overseas show, but it would be better still if overseas events could be done combining artists from all the anison labels (so also Flying Dog, King, 5pb, NBC Universal, Warner...?).
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:

I think they're going all out on the global side this time around. LL! got pretty big in the west but I feel like it was too late for anything major to happen with the original girls. By trying to develop the international side of things early on with the new girls, I'm hopeful that the franchise will be able to have more of a presence in the west.

Hopefully the series gets licensed at the same time.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
DJStarstryker wrote:
Those One Punch Man-related guests are going to be super popular. Good on AX for getting them! I wonder how many Saitama cosplayers will be at AX? Laughing

I just hope they use bald caps and don't feel obligated to shave their heads for authenticity. I'm always amazed when people actually do that (especially women!)
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I just hope they use bald caps and don't feel obligated to shave their heads for authenticity. I'm always amazed when people actually do that (especially women!)

Some people will go to great lengths for their cosplaying, considering that prizes in Masquerade tend to be stuff like top-of-the-line consumer sewing machines and such.

But in Japan, isn't a woman whose head is shaved an indication that she had wronged someone recently and thus it's supposed to look shameful?

CallumKeyblade wrote:

Is Love Live! big in the west? I have no idea. It looks like an outright social phenomenon in Japan, and I've never seen the franchise achieve anything close to that anywhere else.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

Some people will go to great lengths for their cosplaying, considering that prizes in Masquerade tend to be stuff like top-of-the-line consumer sewing machines and such.

But in Japan, isn't a woman whose head is shaved an indication that she had wronged someone recently and thus it's supposed to look shameful?

I'm talking about America. I met a woman at New York Comic Con who had shaved her head to cosplay Aang. They don't even have a Masquerade!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Ah, all right then. I've seen plenty of really good cosplay who don't participate in their Masquerades. Having people see them is all that they need. I saw a near-perfect Dr. Eggman from Sonic, for instance, and that was jaw-dropping, and he had no interest in Masquerade whatsoever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1