• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Libre Publishing Ends Publishing Agreement With Digital Manga, Inc.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tailwhip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
"Libre's unjust termination"
"even going so far as to implement a successful crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter"

It kinda funny to see that the article is worded to put Libre in the devil's shoes. I mean it clearly not fruitful partnership to Libre since DMI needed kickstarter to print Libre most popular title which topping NYT chart

"Several volumes of Finder reached the top five best sellers on The New York Times Best Manga Sellers list, including volume 7, which debuted at #1 in early 2015."

I'm glad this partnership ends, hope better publisher that don't resort to kickstarter every other month to take over.
Asami Ryuichi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Either way, fans all over the world waited and waited for the new scans to be out. there are countries who are willing to support online Social media and that is way too powerful indeed. Publishers who's making troubles for Finder and other series really have no right to make people suffer like this. on social media we have power and willing to do whatever possible to support Yamane Ayano and her work, as its the best selling Manga of all times. Publishers Exist because of Artists like Yamane Ayano. make troubles for one artist and gain even more troubles for your own selves. Because there are lot of Hardcore Loyal fans out there.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe the level of bawwing in this press release. Do they really throwing a temper tantrum is going to make anybody want to deal with them? If it's anywhere near representative of the behind-the-scenes relationship the two had, I can't blame Libre for bailing.
Asami Ryuichi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Do pardon me, but Publishers make such troubles for artists or fans to make money out of it and this truth will not be accepted because truth hurts. If not these Publishers then Yamane Ayano's work worth more than just this. English fans waited months for new chapter and this is what they all get in the end. Disappointment‬‏ overLoaded. We'll wait till 28th for the next Issue.as Lady Yamane Ayano told us Libre will report us really soon so let see. what they'll come up with.
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
DMI and it's subsidiary labels have shown themselves consisently unable toproduce, they have put things on hiatus to "Restructure" twice since 2010, they can't seem to keep titles in print and when questioned about why titles can take as long as 6 months to reach lower priced outlets, like Amazon, they blame their "distributor."

On the other hand, SuBLime titles are available when they say they will be and available at Amazon, Book Depository and other outlets without any lag whatsoever. Hopefully, Libre and SuBLime can continue to work together.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1