• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Runs Mamoru Oshii, Production I.G's Micro-Series in 2017

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: OT one liner removed. ~ Psycho 101
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Wait Mamoru Ooshi is doing things again?!?!?!? What is going on, why are the people I actually cared about as far as anime goes suddenly back and relevant. I'm so pleasantly confused right now even if it just looks like a short series to test some waters. He must be working directly with Toonami or something to make this happen.

Toonami, Crunchyroll and Netflix IMO have the most truly exciting things going on in anime right now period IMO. Like never mind the Japanese wing of the industry and whatever mess they're working on for otaku, it's looking like the people that actually ever mattered to the anime industry and cared about it from an artistic perspective have practically called it quits in their native homeland and just defected to the Western markets investors for funding and support. I want to see more of this sort of thing.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
^ They all matter really...... but I don't see what Netflix is doing that's so great...splitting single-season anime into 2 seasons just to force people to "Binge" 12-13 episodes at a time? That works for their shows that are made specifically for that format...which clear arc endings at those points...not so much for anime.

I also don't see what CR did that deserves praise. They just did things backwards. Home retail to digital is what everyone else did. CR went Digital to home retail. Well, really they went pirate, to digital, to home retail.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I expect this to be some good stuff =)
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:35 am Reply with quote
Oshii lives o:

I mean, he's always been doing some things, but this looks like a thing that won't be incredibly inconvenient to get ahold of.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Is the commerical / intro going be made into a series? It look damn good for just intro. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1