• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AGDQ/SGDQ discussion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:50 pm Reply with quote
https://gamesdonequick.com

For those who do not know what this is, Awesome Games Done Quick and Summer Games Done Quick (both run by the same people) are a series of speed run marathons done for charity. The winter charity is usually a cancer-related one and the summer one is usually doctors without borders. They stream live on twitch and later they put up the videos on youtube, if you're curious about any past years.

Donations can also get you entered into raffles and there's a humble bundle going on too. Your donation also lets you vote for random things like naming a character in an RPG, or the big one every year: to kill or save the animals in Metroid (for those who do not know, letting the animals die saves a lot of time, but saving them is clearly the right thing to do)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for me, I don't mind that they don't typically set new records, but I find these a lot of fun to watch and I generally like the commentary of exactly what they're doing. This is the first time I've gotten to watch live (I usually find out too late or something), so since I'm stuck cat sitting, might as well have some fun! I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow afternoon, when they have three platformers back to back to back (Ape Escape, Spyro 3, and Ratchet 1)!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1