• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kill Me Baby Anime Returns to Streaming in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XSp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Funny thing is... even though Takabe's character (Agiri) is like secondary and doesn't even come up in most episodes, she always steals the show whenever she pops up and I personally think she's the best of the show. Razz
I kinda like quirky characters.

Honestly, I don't think Kill me Baby is a masterpiece of anything like that, but it's a funny enough 4-koma. Perhaps all this controversy will give the title a better chance? xD
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I hope Amazon puts some money into a second season.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
#815349 wrote:
Perhaps all this controversy will give the title a better chance? xD
The series sold like crap. Even if it were moderately popular, it generally takes a breakout hit to justify a season two.

But the animation wasn't exactly high budget, so maybe Crunchyroll could be badgered into commissioning it as a toe-in-the-water kind of deal?
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
The series sold like crap.

That is only half true. When first released the six volumes sold an average of 891 discs, which is quite low (alebit I have seen better animated shows sell even less). But low and behold, when the BD box was released years later, it sold 4,907 units!

So taking into account the cheap animation I think crunchy or amazon could pay for a second season only with the streaming rights.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Great, now I have the theme song stuck in my head again...
mkvision27

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Ai Takabe is my favorite voice in the series. Although a simple character, Goshiki Agiri is unique. I want to see more characters like Goshiki Agiri. Wish to see another season. Too bad some societies have extreme consequences regarding self medicating, addiction, drug use, whatever the case may have been. I agree with someone else's post that although she was a secondary character, she stole the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1