• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hillary Clinton Campaign Targets Potential Voters at Pokémon Go Locations

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Please Pokemon GO away Hillary. You too, Trump.
futuresoon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of political affiliations, there's literally nothing wrong with registering voters. Unless the voters are young and you don't think they'll vote for you, anyway. I honestly wonder if people will end up putting actual voting booths at Pokestops in November, if Pokemon Go is still a thing by then. Getting people to vote is 100% positive, even if the method is a little pandering.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Are we're going to see alot of petitions going around Hillary becomes president? I heard alot of negative reactions other than the media.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Leave us alone! If we want to vote for you we will, you trying to get on our side by quoting Pokemon, and doing other things to try to appeal to millenial's just makes you look desperate and pathetic.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
<sigh> Please leave the Pokemon hunters alone folks, they're busy doing something relatively harmless.

Mark Gosdin
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:39 pm Reply with quote
During the 2012 U.S. election, only 57% of our eligible population voted - that's 93 million people who didn't get involved in choosing their country's leaders. If the candidates think that Pokemon can get more people to the polls, more power to them, but I'm doubtful.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:44 pm Reply with quote
If Pokemon can get more people to vote the better, but with how people are these days with being feed up with both main parties its doubtful this will do much.
Mune

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Someone could pay Niantic to place a timed ditto or some legendary at polling locations for duration of voting. That will get people at least closer to voting.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
people usually don't vote because the states they're in are decided well beforehand. Also the US First-Past-the-Post voting system is pretty bad. Its better than no voting, but it is comparatively easy to manipulate. Other forms allow for more parties to be involved more easily, so you can see why the big two parties never push for this.

As a joke, no one bothers to do this with Libertarians, because they're always at home minding their own business.
bones2039

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't play pokemon go but if I did I would probably not want to be bothered by people pushing political bull manure while I was playing. That goes for both sides of the political divide. I can't wait till after November when we have the horrible president we deserve, be it the crazy reality tv personality or the lying out of touch career politician.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Was... Was that suppose to show that she's hip and in tune with "dem youngins"? And she didn't even promised to put a Gym at every street corner and PokéStops near every bus station. You know, the basics.
Foxaika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Ruining my far more important Pokémon hunting time Sad
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
It makes me wonder if Hillary Clinton herself is also playing the game too.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Honestly though, that line HURT. Jimmy Fallon even made fun of it. Embarassed
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Talk about how "rigged" the political system is does nothing to change the fact that the only way a person gets to elected office, is to get elected. You say they're a liar - then the facts to back up that claim are available to everyone, and that person can only be elected if no one chooses to vote except those who choose not to think it is a lie. Complain that the wrong people get elected - then get out and vote for the people you want and stop letting extraneous factors get in the way. Using something popular to get people registered to vote does nothing to determine how they will vote, only provides that person the opportunity to vote.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5