• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, July 11-17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Go Major!! I can hear another anime adap, 2018....?
Deynard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
5th volume of Major 2? Damn it's going fast. But for 26 episode anime we need about 13 volumes (6 seasons with 25-26 episodes in 78 volumes).
ichii_1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
2 weeks and one piece can barely sell 2 million, that's about a 25% decrease since vol 79.
I call it "The Dressrosa Recession".

Bleach sold a bit less than I thought but it's still okay Sad
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
With Chihayafuru's figures, one would think that a 3rd season is justifiable, and yet...
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Hold up! Kore Yamazaki (The Ancient Magus' Bride) has another manga? And it's a josei period piece take on Faust with a female adult heroine? I want it!

*Does quick Google search* Let's see...Tokyopop has it licensed...in Germany. Life ain't fair!
(Hey, Seven Seas, want more female readers? Wink)
Naniwa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:51 am Reply with quote
Chihayafuru Nº2... yet Kodansha still thinks joseis don't give enough profit and wouldn't sell on the west... so still no english manga... nobody licensed the show... so still no bluray... and still me here crying on every thread mentioning Chihayafuru... I just... need to learn japanese to ever be able to own this series... apparently...

Hameyadea wrote:
With Chihayafuru's figures, one would think that a 3rd season is justifiable, and yet...

That too... *cries harder*
Kutsu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:57 am Reply with quote
ichii_1 wrote:
2 weeks and one piece can barely sell 2 million, that's about a 25% decrease since vol 79.

A 25% drop in 3 volumes is quite impressive. I guess some people thought Dressrosa dragged too much and jumped ship once it was over.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
ichii_1 wrote:

A 25% drop in 3 volumes is quite impressive. I guess some people thought Dressrosa dragged too much and jumped ship once it was over.

That makes little sense. Why keep buying for the end of Dressrossa that took 10 volumes and than stop when you see another that is known to be way shorter?

Also is important to note that Volume 79 had 2 days more than volume 82, and without counting that discrepancy it just lost 1/5 and not 1/4 like Ichii 1 is talking about(And if we count volume 80, that has the same days has Volume 82, is just around 1/6. Even less!). And this is just the beginning weeks. This volume can still end up having bigger legs than the past one. Meaning, that people can very well been waiting more time and/or for more volumes to gather up.
Also it would make more sense that for the sales to have decreased in the phase, right after Dressrossa, because many people saw that it ended an arc and another ones was just beginning, so this is the perfect place to stop and wait for more volumes.

In the end, lets just wait and see. What happens further down the line.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1