• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon Adventure tri. Anime's 4th Film Opens on February 25

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:42 am Reply with quote
Holy shit a 6 film series. For some reason I could have sworn it was just three films most likely because of the word Tri in the name but I could have sworn I read it was just three. Either way I just watched film 3 and I was wondering how the hell they could end it there. Since it gave us a hell lot more questions then answers. For a second the way it ended it was setting up a new Digimon series with the original characters back. At this point I am really waiting on only one thing. When are they going to acknowledge the 2nd generation digi destined. The first film begins showing us the all the cast of the 2nd series minus TK and Kari, I watched the English dub when I was a kid, defeated in the digital world. I am not asking for them to explain what happened to them because that will come. I only want the characters to acknowledge their existence especially TK and Kari. I know they know them because how else do TK and Kari have their 2nd generation digivices when the others have the originals. I know the 2nd series wasn't anywhere near as liked as the original but at least have the characters acknowledge their existence.

P.S. Still waiting for the kids to even react to the death of spoiler[Leomon]. One of their oldest friends from the digital world gets killed in front of them and not once was there even a gasp from the characters. Not even asking for a tear I am just asking for somebody to at least gasp for their old friend but nope nothing from any of those kids. Those kids are cold blooded wouldn't be surprised if he left a corpse they walk on top of it as they pass it by,
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
^ Less Monster Hunting. More paying attention(?). Very Happy

And I was predicting it'd be in January. February is good enough as long as the remaining 2 after that release in 2017, which I predicted tri. would end in.
RoamFree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
Of course the next film is titled 'Loss'. Five months is a long way but I've been able to wait. But after that last film, the hurting is too strong Crying or Very sad
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:52 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
^ Less Monster Hunting. More paying attention(?). Very Happy

And I was predicting it'd be in January. February is good enough as long as the remaining 2 after that release in 2017, which I predicted tri. would end in.

What on there being 6 films, the unacknowledged 2nd series digi destined, or the lack of reaction to a certain death.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
^ 6 film series.
C-MC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:32 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Holy shit a 6 film series. For some reason I could have sworn it was just three films most likely because of the word Tri in the name but I could have sworn I read it was just three. Either way I just watched film 3 and I was wondering how the hell they could end it there. Since it gave us a hell lot more questions then answers. For a second the way it ended it was setting up a new Digimon series with the original characters back. At this point I am really waiting on only one thing. When are they going to acknowledge the 2nd generation digi destined. The first film begins showing us the all the cast of the 2nd series minus TK and Kari, I watched the English dub when I was a kid, defeated in the digital world. I am not asking for them to explain what happened to them because that will come. I only want the characters to acknowledge their existence especially TK and Kari. I know they know them because how else do TK and Kari have their 2nd generation digivices when the others have the originals. I know the 2nd series wasn't anywhere near as liked as the original but at least have the characters acknowledge their existence.

P.S. Still waiting for the kids to even react to the death of spoiler[Leomon]. One of their oldest friends from the digital world gets killed in front of them and not once was there even a gasp from the characters. Not even asking for a tear I am just asking for somebody to at least gasp for their old friend but nope nothing from any of those kids. Those kids are cold blooded wouldn't be surprised if he left a corpse they walk on top of it as they pass it by,
it was always 6 movies from the start... Also I hope we'll see the 02 kids in Loss at least one of them
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
At this point I am really waiting on only one thing. When are they going to acknowledge the 2nd generation digi destined. The first film begins showing us the all the cast of the 2nd series minus TK and Kari, I watched the English dub when I was a kid, defeated in the digital world. I am not asking for them to explain what happened to them because that will come. I only want the characters to acknowledge their existence especially TK and Kari. I know they know them because how else do TK and Kari have their 2nd generation digivices when the others have the originals. I know the 2nd series wasn't anywhere near as liked as the original but at least have the characters acknowledge their existence.

They acknowledged the thing with Ken. They looked into it but couldn't get in touch with him or his family. They don't know that the others are missing because Himekawa is hiding it from them. I mean I guess that still leaves the question how they didn't even think to ask Daisuke and the others after failing to get in touch with Ken, or how they somehow haven't noticed that they're missing... but I mean, they did touch on it this time at least.
wolf10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
They've (accidentally) announced casting for the 02 characters, so I certainly hope we'll be seeing them soon. Especially after this latest reveal that spoiler[the Digimon Kaiser we've been seeing in the shadows was actually Gennai in disguise, with Hiroaki Hirata reprising his role from 02].

They're going to need three more movies to explain that one.

Last edited by wolf10 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
3rd movie is the best so far. We get lot of emotional scene in it. Not to mention this movie is longer than previous one. 20 minutes extra.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
3rd movie is the best so far. We get lot of emotional scene in it. Not to mention this movie is longer than previous one. 20 minutes extra.

I personally think some of the plot twists and turns were weird, but I can agree. HeraculesKabutarimon's scene was amazing, if not quite how I originally expected it to be.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Lord Starfish wrote:
Monster Hunter wrote:
At this point I am really waiting on only one thing. When are they going to acknowledge the 2nd generation digi destined. The first film begins showing us the all the cast of the 2nd series minus TK and Kari, I watched the English dub when I was a kid, defeated in the digital world. I am not asking for them to explain what happened to them because that will come. I only want the characters to acknowledge their existence especially TK and Kari. I know they know them because how else do TK and Kari have their 2nd generation digivices when the others have the originals. I know the 2nd series wasn't anywhere near as liked as the original but at least have the characters acknowledge their existence.

They acknowledged the thing with Ken. They looked into it but couldn't get in touch with him or his family. They don't know that the others are missing because Himekawa is hiding it from them. I mean I guess that still leaves the question how they didn't even think to ask Daisuke and the others after failing to get in touch with Ken, or how they somehow haven't noticed that they're missing... but I mean, they did touch on it this time at least.

They touched on it. But that is all they did. Yamato ask what's going on Himekawa gives him a vague answer and accepts it. She walks up with Ken's D3 and nobody asks why she has it or even where the other kids are and how they are dealing with the reboot. Because their Digimon got rebooted too, Veemon and the others would lose their memories.
C-MC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
They've (accidentally) announced casting for the 02 characters, so I certainly hope we'll be seeing them soon. Especially after this latest reveal that spoiler[the Digimon Kaiser we've been seeing in the shadows was actually Gennai in disguise, with Hiroaki Hirata reprising his role from 02].

They're going to need three more movies to explain that one.
where did you read about the 02 casting ???
C-MC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
it's actually 27 minutes longer than Reunion so technically a 107 minutes
wolf10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:38 am Reply with quote
C-MC wrote:
where did you read about the 02 casting ???
At one point, Toei accidentally added a profile for Daisuke to the official site. It was taken down very quickly, but ANN should have it in the news archives somewhere.

If you were asking about the other character, spoiler[he's only credited as "Mysterious Man" this time around, but given that his VA is series mainstay Hiroaki Hirata, who voiced a character with the exact same design in 02...] It's indirect, but we can confirm at least one 02 character in tri. so far. Just not one anybody was expecting.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
At one point, Toei accidentally added a profile for Daisuke to the official site. It was taken down very quickly, but ANN should have it in the news archives somewhere.
IIRC someone revealed Daisuke name in source code in official site, if that was the same thing in your mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2