• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Compare Apparent Leaked Live-Action Bleach Photos to Cosplay

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Ah! The movie every Bleach fan asked for.

Quote:
One commenter said that it looks more like a "huge butter knife than a sword."

Yup. It's definitely real.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
There's a good chance the studio will touch it up in post production. I still have pretty low expectations, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it looks like cosplay because it is cosplay.
I do not see anything to indicate that there is any filming being done anywhere, just one guy, who seems to be dressed as Ichigo, walking down the street.

If anybody recognizes that man as an actor then I will be willing to believe that these might be real.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:

That was my thought too. Wouldn't they have some cameras around if it was for filming? And why have just one actor walk around in costume? Surely he would be doing something. Unless they give evidence it was for the film, I'm thinking it's just some guy in cosplay.
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I do not see anything to indicate that there is any filming being done anywhere, just one guy, who seems to be dressed as Ichigo, walking down the street.

If anybody recognizes that man as an actor then I will be willing to believe that these might be real.

That's definitely Souta Fukushi. I spent a year watching that handsome devil drill-kicking space monsters and befriending everyone in the world, I'd recognize him anywhere.

Also, I really don't get the whole "it looks like cosplay" complaint. What did they think the costume was going to look like? I mean, it was a pretty simple costume even in the manga.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote
So much complaints and not enough appreciation, that is always what we humans boiled down to. Especially that this thing is a subject that couldn't possibly affected our lives in any way, someone can always just avoided this if they dislike it that much. I don't know about this being an official part for the movie or not but Ichigo's costume is already downright simple in the manga/anime, and they couldn't possibly use a real sword so that's why it should looked like plastic. The effect will be added later on during production. There's still a long time to wait until 2018.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
this movie is going to hurt my soul, I just find it funny that the guy who played Kamen rider Fourze is playing Ichigo
gpanthony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
SOUL SOCIETY KITTTTTTAAAAAAA!!!!
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Comparison with Rurouni Kenshin: With their movie, their katanas and whatnot were made out of rubber during the fight scenes.The sound effects were mixed in, while they simply paraded around with actual katanas during the talking scenes.

I think it's for safety reasons, that they had Sota carrying around something like that, especially seeing that Bleach has a lot of unique weapons.

For me, I'm not really surprised that they dyed Sota's hair like that, however I was hoping they couldn't use the toner on his hair and left his hair to be orange so he could resemble Ichigo.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
AmuroNT1 wrote:
That's definitely Souta Fukushi. I spent a year watching that handsome devil drill-kicking space monsters and befriending everyone in the world, I'd recognize him anywhere.

Also, I really don't get the whole "it looks like cosplay" complaint. What did they think the costume was going to look like? I mean, it was a pretty simple costume even in the manga.

I never thought that it looked bad, I just doubted that he was really from the movie.

Thank you for identifying him.
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
A few people have already brought this up but I never trust photos from the set. These days it's more likely that it will look different once the film goes through post. Although I don't see very many Japanese set photos so I'm not sure of their process.
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:31 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I never thought that it looked bad, I just doubted that he was really from the movie.

Thank you for identifying him.

Oh no, I wasn't saying you personally were trashing the costume. I was just remarking on the general negative reaction mentioned in the article.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
The people who are complaining--have they ever stopped to consider that this may be what Aizen wants them to think?
MajorZero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
Well, those FMA photos looked extremely cheap too. I think some people need to get over the fact that it's not going to be as sleek as it was in anime. Obviously, some issues will be fixed in post, but usually, Japanese blockbusters have minuscule production values.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
They can't even get the sword right LMAO
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2