• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Reveals English Dub Cast for K: Missing Kings Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atinytanuki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
no interest in the dub itself but if this is one step closer to getting more K on blu-ray I am pleased
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting for Season 2. Also been a while since I've seen Quinton Flynn; I need more Kon in my life (yes, I just said that).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
OKAY so: Anna, Shiro, Reisi, Kuroh, and Neko are not on this list.

I've tweeted Viz about it but I hope they aren't concealing any nasty surprises.

SaruMi are safe thank goodness.
Levonr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait, one of my favorite dubs
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The film premiered in Japan on July 12.

In 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Someone edited the encyclopedia page with the missing names from this list. I hope it's someone trustworthy because for now I'm just going to assume everyone's back except the two they mentioned had changed.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
Someone edited the encyclopedia page with the missing names from this list. I hope it's someone trustworthy because for now I'm just going to assume everyone's back except the two they mentioned had changed.
who changed?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
#861208 wrote:
who changed?

Seri and Kukuri.

I'm sort of sad, Kukuri was so cute in the first season. But the new one's probably good, too.

Edit: OKAY the rest is confirmed, I can relax now for the first time this year.

... or, I relaxed for two seconds and then I remembered there's still nothing about the Code Geass Akito dub cast.

Also, some of that list played multiple characters, and I'm assuming the rest of their characters are the same as well.

And no word on Return of Kings, but that's okay. Iwa, Sukuna, and Enomoto (who was in s1 but didn't really talk).
Suena

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Freaking finally! I'm not big into buying anime movies, but this is one I have to. I don't have any emotional attachment to the S1 dub cast, so I don't really care much one way or another as long as I can get a hard copy in my hands. Razz
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Well its about time there moving on this
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Wait, didn't Tara Platt play Seri in the original TV series? Let me guess, same deal as what happened to Vert in Megadimension Neptunia VII.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Wait, didn't Tara Platt play Seri in the original TV series? Let me guess, same deal as what happened to Vert in Megadimension Neptunia VII.

It might have to do with her schedule right now, as she's been focusing her efforts on traveling and doing several Independent live action shorts like "Topsy McGee" with her husband Yuri Lowenthal (although it's not in the same level as Troy Baker and the Bailey-Willinghams). Not to mention in an interview with the Ohio Guys 2 years ago, that it has gotten a lot more competitive compared to when she first started out 10 years ago, as their is a lot more people competing for roles during auditions.

Ohio Guys Interview @0:24 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boVEXDhMBD0

It seems that Carrie Keranen and Laura Post seem to have filled in Tara's shoes in the anime side of things especially at Bang Zoom! Entertainment, as Tara's voicework in Anime is currently at Studiopolis.

I'm a little saddened that Tara isn't reprising her role, but on top of that, it's nice to see Janice Kawaye and Quinton Flynn in another anime role in awhile, especially the latter as his last anime role was his reprisal as Iruka Umino in Naruto: Shippuden. Hope he gets to get more roles sooner than later.
nubguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Finally! I've been looking forward to the dub for this one for years now. I have even waiter for the dub to even watch it so I'm dying to know what happens next.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:52 am Reply with quote
K is one of the best dubs of all time. This should be a blast to listen to.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:51 am Reply with quote
It's definitely a shame that we're losing the voice actors for Kukuri and Seri, but such is life, I guess. It wouldn't surprise me if they'd decided to do the movie separately from the second season, and they just couldn't get the original actresses for that short a time period (e.g. according to wikipedia, Carrie Savage actually lives in NY of all places even though she does voice work in both CA and TX, and it wouldn't be surprising if it just didn't make sense for her to come out and dub just the movie). Still, at least we only lost two of them, and while they weren't exactly minor characters, they weren't the main cast either. Presumably, the new gals will do quite well though, and before long, you won't even notice anymore (until you rewatch the first season anyway).

But regardless of the dub, the real question here is when they're actually going to release the movie and second season on Blu-ray. When I found out that the Japanese release of the movie had subtitles, I actually went and bought it so that I could finally watch it (much as I'd really prefer to watch the dub), and I bought the Blu-rays fro the second season too, thinking that they had subtitles as well, but they didn't, which was quite frustrating. I have no interest in messing with streaming, and it doesn't even work to take the existing subs online and mux them with the video from the Blu-rays, because, surprisingly, no one has created fansubs from the Blu-rays, and the subs floating around online are for the broadcast version, which apparently doesn't match (e.g. an extra couple of minutes was supposed to have been added to the last episode). So, my impatience got me nowhere. Oh well, at least I have the better quality video from the Japanese release to mux with the English audio when we finally get the Viz Blu-ray release. And what I really want is the dubbed version anyway.

So, I'm very eagerly awaiting the Viz release of Missing Kings and Return of Kings, but for now, waiting is definitely what I'm stuck doing. Neutral Oh well, nothing new about that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2