• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Starmyu Season 2 Reveals New Cast, Story, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Presumably, I cannot be the only one who wondered why Staryu had been given not only its own anime, but its own anime to which a second series was produced. (Starmie, perhaps?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SHD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Presumably, I cannot be the only one who wondered why Staryu had been given not only its own anime, but its own anime to which a second series was produced. (Starmie, perhaps?)

It was given its own anime because it's an anime about idols and idols are "in" right now. It was given a second series because presumably it managed to achieve the franchise support the producers set out to achieve, enough so that they think it's worth investing in a second season.

It was a cute little show, which ended up surprisingly enjoyable. I for one will be watching the second season.
+ 光

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:

It was given its own anime because it's an anime about idols and idols are "in" right now. It was given a second series because presumably it managed to achieve the franchise support the producers set out to achieve, enough so that they think it's worth investing in a second season.

It was a cute little show, which ended up surprisingly enjoyable. I for one will be watching the second season.

Perhaps it was given a chance because of the popularity of 'idols', but they aren't 'idols'. They are students studying in performance arts in order to someday perform in musicals, not quite the live shows we associate with idols. It comes down to singing boys, but there's a difference.

Also, it earned a season 2 through good BD/DVD sales.
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I liked Starmyu too, and I'll be watching the second season. It's the only idol anime where I liked every song in the whole series.
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:57 am Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:

It was given its own anime because it's an anime about idols and idols are "in" right now.

I think someone completely missed that the first comment was a Pokemon joke.

Anyway, this cute little series now officially has all but, like, three of my favorite seiyuu in it and I'm beyond stoked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1