• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fan Throws Yuri!!! on Ice-Inspired Rice Ball Plush to Skater Medvedeva

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:58 pm Reply with quote
It's also worth mentioning that Kubo gifted her a drawing of her with Victor holding a support banner for Yuuri. She even has it as her twitter banner picture

https://twitter.com/kubo_3260/status/799333517482082304

And I don't remember if it's been brought up that she's cosplayed as Yuuri?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:18 pm Reply with quote
This is the fan who threw her the present: https://twitter.com/jiapan/status/807131840679211008

You can also see them throwing it onto the ice in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmmI1nfjevs

For the free skate, Medvedeva can be seen wearing a gold ring on each of her hands... Perhaps due to episode 10??

FYI, Johnny Weir's been getting really into YOI as well.

Last edited by crosswithyou on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a very progressive show. It's not really my taste, but I'm glad something like this is out there.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I only saw Winnie the Pooh plushies thrown during the mens' free skate at the Grand Prix Final last weekend. The gold medalist, Japanese skater Yuzuru Hanyu, seemed quite happy with his Pooh during his post-game interview at http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2016/12/10/yuzuru-hanyu-nathan-chen-grand-prix-final/.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
Evgenia Medvedeva wrote:
Aghrshgvsbdjsjzttdjhebah

An appropriate reaction.

It's really nice to see fellow YoI fans interacting indirectly through a thoughtful present. It's really cute. Also real figure skaters like Janny and Johnny Weir actively showing their love on anime show. That's really adorkable.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:

It's really nice to see fellow YoI fans interacting indirectly through a thoughtful present. It's really cute. Also real figure skaters like Janny and Johnny Weir actively showing their love on anime show. That's really adorkable.

It's funny because Johnny Weir had first said he'd only watch an episode a day and three days later he tweeted he'd broken his own rule and got all caught up with the series. It's really great to see so many actual figure skaters enjoying the show, definitely gives it a whole new dimension
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Awww
It's so cute that Evgenia personally picked it up herself, the fan must be squealing right now. I would gift her a Victor inspired plushy poodle if I was there
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1