• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CLAMP's Nanase Ohkawa Writes, Oversees Scripts For New Cardcaptor Sakura Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm really hoping this series ends up as a direct sequel to the anime. The manga is great on its own, but one of the unique draws of the first anime was its amount of "filler" (in this case, I mean non-manga) content and added cards that expanded the marketing and story capabilities of the manga. Sticking to the original anime's formula for this sequel would be a dream come true!

Not to mention, I won't spoil, but the sequel manga's story arc doesn't require them to find a way to sneak in all the "filler"-type cards. Even if the anime followed the manga's story to a tee, they wouldn't lose out by not using anime-only cards or replacing manga-inclusive cards with a combination of those and anime-only cards. It's an interesting setup that I'm going to assume was made quite consciously by CLAMP and their affiliates.
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I really feel like the writing of CLAMP has gotten more on track lately. It's still just as confusing, but at least the feeling of it is really there.

And with Nanase overseeing the script, they can at least afford to stick close enough to the manga while still do their own thing. ♥

I am so excited! This is a great time to be a CCS fan. ^u^

Juno016 wrote:
I'm really hoping this series ends up as a direct sequel to the anime. The manga is great on its own, but one of the unique draws of the first anime was its amount of "filler" (in this case, I mean non-manga) content and added cards that expanded the marketing and story capabilities of the manga. Sticking to the original anime's formula for this sequel would be a dream come true!

Not to mention, I won't spoil, but the sequel manga's story arc doesn't require them to find a way to sneak in all the "filler"-type cards. Even if the anime followed the manga's story to a tee, they wouldn't lose out by not using anime-only cards or replacing manga-inclusive cards with a combination of those and anime-only cards. It's an interesting setup that I'm going to assume was made quite consciously by CLAMP and their affiliates.

What cards did they add? I don't remember that. I did like the Meiling filler though. The show had some fun eps, and having all-around quality really helps. I think with it being Madhouse again, but Nanase also on-board, it's sure to be a win though.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:19 pm Reply with quote
manapear wrote:

What cards did they add? I don't remember that. I did like the Meiling filler though. The show had some fun eps, and having all-around quality really helps. I think with it being Madhouse again, but Nanase also on-board, it's sure to be a win though.

Well the manga only had 17 or 19 cards, while the anime had 51, so they added quite a lot of them. Off the top of my head The Snow, The Float, The Change, The Dash, The Storm, Big and Small, Time and Return, The Fight, The Power, The Twins. Just to name a few.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
manapear wrote:

Well the manga only had 17 or 19 cards, while the anime had 51, so they added quite a lot of them. Off the top of my head The Snow, The Float, The Change, The Dash, The Storm, Big and Small, Time and Return, The Fight, The Power, The Twins. Just to name a few.

Ahhh. I never recalled that, but it's been forever since I read the manga, and I guess I just assumed/re-wrote my memory that they were all "in" there.

But re-reading now, it sounds like CLAMP was closely involved in the first anime too? So perhaps they'll basically be working now in the same capacity as before; the anime gets to have its own "continuity" and the manga will be condensed in comparison.

I wouldn't mind that at all~.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1