• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Beginner's Guide to Blue Exorcist

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Short version: Just watch the first 16 episodes of the original and skip to season 2.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Short version: Just watch the first 16 episodes of the original and skip to season 2.

...how did you read my mind? O.o'

Jk xD Tbh i think this post was presented like this cause it would be hard to make one just saying "only watch till ep 17/forget everything after ep 17".

Aside from that, if someone has the time to watch the current season of anime and reading this very post, then why the f*** aren't you watching the first season right now? I really hate when people say they don't have time for anime when i work/pay for my bills/go to uni/have a stupidly active social life/play Grinblue/FGrind Order and can watch almost half of the anime that come out every season?

Ok, rant finished. Aside from all this, nice guide.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Sure is a useful guide, but what about the non-canon material? From which Kato took element of it and included them in the manga. Why not to spoil people for why not to watch it? That´s what´s wrong with manga fans.

They say you shouldn´t watch it but they never say why. If you´re gonna defend a manga, put solid arguments, not just a typical "skip this, skip that" bull****. Can you explain please what´s that "awful part"that is contradicting of something like that
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Sure is a useful guide, but what about the non-canon material? From which Kato took element of it and included them in the manga. Why not to spoil people for why not to watch it? That´s what´s wrong with manga fans.

They say you shouldn´t watch it but they never say why. If you´re gonna defend a manga, put solid arguments, not just a typical "skip this, skip that" bull****. Can you explain please what´s that "awful part"that is contradicting of something like that

No judgement on the non-canon material here! This guide is specifically to help people catch up on the content relevant to the new season, so it sticks to the manga material for that reason.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I hope that when it comes time to release this new season on BD Aniplex USA considers doing a separate release of the canon material from the first season.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 pm Reply with quote
the short version to understand blue exorcist is this
it's basically a lamer, less exciting, kind of bland, but still good version of d.gray man
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:01 pm Reply with quote
diamoundheadx wrote:
it's basically a lamer, less exciting, kind of bland, but still good version of d.gray man

I guess you only watched the anime.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This winter, A-1 Pictures is picking their anime adaptation back up with Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga, continuing right where the anime split from the source material and ignoring all the anime-original content.

LMAO And people were worrying to the last day about the anime original filler material when it was obvious from the title announcement and trailers.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:41 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
diamoundheadx wrote:

what is that suppose to mean
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote
Thanks, I needed something like this. I watched the first season when it aired, and since it's been a while, I didn't remember a lot of these details about the characters. And while I was aware that the first season stopped following the manga at some point, I wasn't sure of exactly where. I watched the first episode of the second season, and I definitely felt a little lost, so this was a great refresher.
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 am Reply with quote
cardcaptormanda wrote:
Thanks, I needed something like this. I watched the first season when it aired, and since it's been a while, I didn't remember a lot of these details about the characters. And while I was aware that the first season stopped following the manga at some point, I wasn't sure of exactly where. I watched the first episode of the second season, and I definitely felt a little lost, so this was a great refresher.

Happy to be of service! Smile
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:01 am Reply with quote
diamoundheadx wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
diamoundheadx wrote:

what is that suppose to mean

That wasn't an insult. I get it. The anime tainted the far superior manga's reputation. The cliches the series initially started with got deconstructed later down the road, but because the anime cut off before that could happen, the cliches ended up being played straight.
Enrique Suárez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Guys, help! What is the final episode of the first season I should watch? I'm up to episode 12 and plan to finish tonight and jump straight to the first ep of season 2.

It's kinda confusing because some people say episode 14 or 15 or 16 or even 17 Confused
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Enrique Suárez wrote:
Guys, help! What is the final episode of the first season I should watch? I'm up to episode 12 and plan to finish tonight and jump straight to the first ep of season 2.

It's kinda confusing because some people say episode 14 or 15 or 16 or even 17 Confused

You're fine if you stop at 15 and move on to season 2.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm Reply with quote
While the filler does start after that, episodes 16 and 17 still have scenes that were in the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2