• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Berserk and the Band of the Hawk

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enturax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Can I at least cut off limbs in this game?
jroa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Some people have argued the game at least presents the story in a better way than the newest anime series, but I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of that statement myself. It does seem like a standard game of this type though, for better or for worse.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The novelty of mowing down armies with Guts' massive sword only lasts so long

Not really, the game is fun. If you're a Berserk fan, buy it, it's awesome.
DrunkAyanami
Get off my lawn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote
jroa wrote:
Some people have argued the game at least presents the story in a better way than the newest anime series, but I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of that statement myself. It does seem like a standard game of this type though, for better or for worse.

The game's screen shots frankly look better than some parts of the recent TV series... Crying or Very sad
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I will say probably the weakest part of it is the boss enemies. It's like they tried to replicate the giant bosses from Hyrule Warriors, but didn't stick the landing. As such a lot of the big bosses can be frustrating or dull. I think what gets me is how the game just doesn't do enough to shake up the formula when this should have been a chance to experiment. There's potential in there, but it clearly hasn't been reached
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
When's the Nioh review?
Souther

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Enturax wrote:

Late, but when you're in Frenzy, certain attacks gain Obliteration status and limbs, heads, torsos, etc. just go flying.

Been playing this with my bro and a bit past Blackswordsman, it's what we expected it to be. Not going to win any awards, but it's fun enough and it's a Berserk game. We've been transitioning between characters and levelling them up since there's generally only a finite amount of attacks, skills and combos you actually need for various purposes (guard crushing, crowd clearing, single damage, Obliteration for increased meter building, etc.)

I would've liked multiplayer, but I can see why they didn't include it. I'd like more Death Blows across the cast as well. Have to agree that Endless Eclipse is the most interesting mode in the game and contains a good deal of bonuses (a secret character, transformations (which you can make permanent!) and other goodies. Plus it's decent EXP and cash so far (especially if you take out the War Demons for Behelits and extra rewards).
Enturax

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
Enturax wrote:

Late, but when you're in Frenzy, certain attacks gain Obliteration status and limbs, heads, torsos, etc. just go flying.

Been playing this with my bro and a bit past Blackswordsman, it's what we expected it to be. Not going to win any awards, but it's fun enough and it's a Berserk game. We've been transitioning between characters and levelling them up since there's generally only a finite amount of attacks, skills and combos you actually need for various purposes (guard crushing, crowd clearing, single damage, Obliteration for increased meter building, etc.)

I would've liked multiplayer, but I can see why they didn't include it. I'd like more Death Blows across the cast as well. Have to agree that Endless Eclipse is the most interesting mode in the game and contains a good deal of bonuses (a secret character, transformations (which you can make permanent!) and other goodies. Plus it's decent EXP and cash so far (especially if you take out the War Demons for Behelits and extra rewards).

Thanks for the reply!
And darn, I thought it'd have a multiplayer at least!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1