• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Produces English Dub for Fate/Grand Order - First Order Anime, Hosts Premiere at A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Time for me to wait to import from the UK!
huzaifa_ahmed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Was hoping this might be a bigger sort of deal (as Fate Zero was), but I still like to hear Kari in anything new, especially a new anime.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh Mash will share the voice with Ryuko Matoi, this should be intersting xD
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
This is great was not sure it was going to happen. Also I don't see an article for it here but Erased, Asterisk War, and Charlotte dubs are all going to stream on Hulu.
huzaifa_ahmed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
This is great was not sure it was going to happen. Also I don't see an article for it here but Erased, Asterisk War, and Charlotte dubs are all going to stream on Hulu.

Meh; better than Aniplex BD as that is, I would still have drastically preferred Yahoo View.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Super cool to see this getting a release! And also nice to see Kari Wahlgren in anime, she's been doing so much cartoon work lately, thought she may have stopped doing anime work.

But speaking of game Specials that really should get dubbed and released that AoA has licensed...

Persona 5? Smile
huzaifa_ahmed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
Super cool to see this getting a release! And also nice to see Kari Wahlgren in anime, she's been doing so much cartoon work lately, thought she may have stopped doing anime work.

But speaking of game Specials that really should get dubbed and released that AoA has licensed...

Persona 5? Smile

I believe it's because of the union issue. Most dubs today, for some reason, do not follow union standard these days. It's weird because union wage is intended to be the default, not luxurious. It's the same reason we don't get Steve Blum, Bridget Hoffman, Dave Wittenberg, Kim Mae Guest, or Crispin Freeman in much anime.

Union dubs only cost slightly more than most non-union dubs, so I wonder why.

Canadian (like Ocean Group) union dubs cost like 2-3x so that's a different story though.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 am Reply with quote
Random Name, thank you for that news. As soon as I get employed again, I will temporarily renew my Hulu subscription.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1