• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of May 27-June 2 [2017-06-08]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:35 pm Reply with quote
It's a little early to tout MHA's rise in the ranks, considering that next week it will almost certainly get its first first place ranking in the weeklies next week, very deservedly. Not that last week's was weak. It will be only the fourth show to finish first in the weeklies this season, the others being Attack on Titan, Eccentric Family, and Natsume.

I didn't expect One Piece to drop so soon. That doesn't bode well for next week, and from what Sam was saying about the subsequent material, for some time as well.

Now that Tsuki ga Kirei has moved to sixth in the cumulative, I'll say I didn't expect it to be the best rated non-sequel this season when it first aired. They've done a great job on the show, and while I don't know that it would be my first choice, it is definitely one of the best non-sequels this season.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Now that Tsuki ga Kirei has moved to sixth in the cumulative, I'll say I didn't expect it to be the best rated non-sequel this season when it first aired. They've done a great job on the show, and while I don't know that it would be my first choice, it is definitely one of the best non-sequels this season.

I am not that surprised that it is in the top 10 cumulative because it is a quality show. My biggest question was if fans were going to embrace a romance show. Tsuki ga Kirei is among my favorite titles from this very strong season, and hopefully it concludes in a satisfying way.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Huh the list seems to be upside down
ajr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Huh the list seems to be upside down

Yeah, the rankings here regarding several shows is pretty surprising.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:49 am Reply with quote
The cumulative ranking didn't update the "compared to last week" number for Atom: the Beginning, as it still shows the down 9 instead of up 3 (probably because there was no episode this week.)

Berserk, always weak due to production values, is going to get some mercy by not having the recap episode ranked, but the episode after the recap didn't look any better for having taken a week off isn't going to help in two weeks.

The rankings look pretty solid to me, but de gustibus non est disputandum and all that.

zrnzle500 wrote:
It's a little early to tout MHA's rise in the ranks, considering that next week it will almost certainly get its first first place ranking in the weeklies next week, very deservedly.

Indeed, especially since MHA had an exciting climactic battle at the same time as all its top competitors were doing exposition-heavy scene-setting to prepare for their season ending climaxes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1